Author Topic: Enigma 2666 *work in progress*  (Read 63079 times)

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
Re: NEW: Enigma 2666 *work again in progress*
Cybot078 does my another favor:

He build in 6 Fighterbays into the old model of the Bengal. Take a look at this:

Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Does that even work in the game engine? Six fighter bays?
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
Yes it works :) The same way as the Gettysburg-Class what can launch 4 fighters at once. From the size of the bays it can launch also Broadswords (like the TCS Wolfshound). We plan another ships that fits in the WC1+2 Timeline, but have no screens yet. He done already a lot of ships, fighters and bases and now we look for help to texture all of this models. If they all be done and counting together what is already done we have over 350 models...only bases, fighters and captialships - not counting missiles, mines or other things. Another object is done by FekLeyrTarg but not textured

Will be used in all Campaigns I worked atm :D

But the Bays are not really like in Wing Commander 1. Only a few meters inside of the ship. The tubes are in the game very long. I don't know where exactly the fighters launch. This idea was original from Lars: http://www.wcnews.com/newestshots/full/larsbengal03.jpg . First I wanted the style of Howards Model : http://www.wcnews.com/newestshots/full/howiebengal23.jpg but for that idea we would need a complete new model :(
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 04:25:47 am by Deathsnake »
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline starlord

Just a question, but doesn't the claw have 7 engines?

Also, you mentionned the hakaga? Will you be paring it with the vatari?

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
It was planed, but perhaps later I would use the Hakaga with the Vatari. I cut down a lot of models I was first planing, but it was too much. We have already a shipsize file with 500MB. Music around 300 MB and near 300 MB Core with special effects or Nebula (using the ones from Kevins HF file) We have over 90 Planets and over 40 Nebulas :) More then I ever need :D

But we not manage it to release Enigma 2666 this year. Missions itself does not take long. But the cutscenes and sripts takes time and we still need a lot of models textured and regunned (delete old turrets)
Thats the Supply Depots (Terran/Kilrathi) K'titrakh Mang, Sol Sector Base, Refinery Base, New Constantinople, Perry, Asteriod Base and Starpost (textures) Bloodfang and Artemis I want to use from Standoff. Ralari I hope Kevin send us his model. And FekLeyrTarg and I returret in the next few days the Kilrathi and Confed ships with the new one from Cybot078. Thats the Confederation, Gilgamesh, Fralthra, Rigakh, Durango and Jutland. At least two ships will be coming soon from Cybot (and these needs textures too) and thats too much to get all done in the next 6 weeks. My job is also there and in the next 6 weeks I have limited time (Christmas inc. - working in a PC Store *gg*)

I can only say "When it's done" *but not another Duke Nukem* :D But I planed a special gift at christmas ;)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 05:04:59 am by Deathsnake »
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Just a question, but doesn't the claw have 7 engines?

I don't know what is actually canon, but that is inconsistent even within WC1.
Ingame it has six engines. But in the outro sequence we see seven engines.
EDIT: In the manual "Claw Marks" it has five, btw  :D
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline CaptJosh

So split the difference and leave it with six. Seems the most logical choice to me.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
I use the Clawmarks for the Claw :)
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
Did you know that model? ^^

On the underside of the ship the cargo pod can dock :)
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline starlord

I think it's a byrd transport from academy (or an achilles destroyer)...

no, definately byrd!

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
No :) The Byrd is here in the Left upper corner. In Academy there is a Achilles destroyer and in another Part you see it together with a cargo Pod. Also used as a Fightertransporter in another Part of Academy.

Star Citizen No. 250

Offline starlord

Hmm, I could have sworn! Well done!

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
After a long time another update:

We get no help with textures for the models....except one! Kevin send me two missing ships:

1. The Bloodfang MK1

Prince Thrakhhath challanges you!!!

2. The Artemis

Will be the Courier

Both ships are converted from Standoff, Kevin does the textures. Thx and credits to him!

So we need still:

The Ralari (model, textures, turrets)
Textures on the Starpost, Supply Depots (Terran/Kilrathi) K'titrakh Mang, Bengal (after the build in fightertubes the textures and turrets did not work anymore :/) and Sol Sektor Base (Models are done)
and a turret update on the Confederation and Rigagh

Then we can finish this project. The models are already to download from the CIC. If you want to help get them from www.wcnews.com or PM me and I send you the models.
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline KeldorKatarn

Guys, friendly advice: Make the game before you worry about textures.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Guys, friendly advice: Make the game before you worry about textures.

What he said. Go for a smaller scale, do not follow into our footsteps.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Congratulations for getting nominated for the CIC's 2011 Fan Projects of the Year!
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
Thanks ;)

I was surprised after reading the news Oo ^^

Perhaps then we get help for the last models. Without I can only work with placeholders and then I need to work again because the ships have the fighterbays more up or down. More work to do without the models :/
Star Citizen No. 250

Comparing the wc2 ships to wc3, the wc2 confed cap ships look a lot more intimidating/deadly then the boxy wc3 ships ;)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
The sprite art allowed for much more creativity than 3D models, because it was not limited by anything but it's resolution.

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
Intro of Enigma is not done yet. Just 1 pic and a hint how it can look ;)

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7oqZ-_-O6Y

Should be enough...

Star Citizen No. 250