Author Topic: custom content in Zathras  (Read 20444 times)

Offline wesp5

Re: custom content in Zathras
Not in the interface. It's entirely the same as in FS2, to my knowledge.

Interesting. My experience with patching Bloodlines showed me that there usually must be a text file for localisation of the interface which can then be used to change any text.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Not in the interface. It's entirely the same as in FS2, to my knowledge.

Interesting. My experience with patching Bloodlines showed me that there usually must be a text file for localisation of the interface which can then be used to change any text.

Irrelevant to the fact that the TBP interface text has not to my knowledge been changed from FS2, which is the point of my statement, which was in turn meant to repudiate your assertion that a lot of text must have been changed in creating TBP. Whether or not it's possible to do it is tangential.

Offline wesp5

Irrelevant to the fact that the TBP interface text has not to my knowledge been changed from FS2...

You are right. A quick look shows that even the shield options are still in TBP which make no sense except for Firstones ships. Another quick look with an editor shows that the relevant text is indeed in the main engine file, but I don't think it should be edited for such a small detail. There isn't enough space anyway...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
If it could be altered tableside like you said, though, that'd be awesome - but I think the English defaults at least may be hardcoded.

Offline wesp5

If it could be altered tableside like you said, though, that'd be awesome - but I think the English defaults at least may be hardcoded.

The English defaults are inside the exe itself and I couldn't find any additional tables, so I would guess it's not easy. Maybe looking at a localized FS 2 version would give some information but I don't have one...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 08:29:35 am by wesp5 »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It should be possible to write a strings/tstrings.tbl for TBP. Information can be found on the wiki. Some useful information here.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 09:04:47 am by The E »
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline wesp5

It should be possible to write a strings/tstrings.tbl for TBP. Information can be found on the wiki. Some useful information here.

Thanks for the info. The relevant file is indeed strings.tbl and I easily changed "Rearm me" and "Rearm/Repair subsys" to "Rearm/Repair" on each occassion. Could this be included into the next Zathras ;)? I also checked the clipping support with a Minbari fighter and of course it wouldn't make any sense having every race being supported by EA mainbots. So the clipping is something we have to live with, like with the general clipping in capital ships where very often one is able to fly right into a fighter bay and then inside out of the shiphull :)!