Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - The Director's Cut
As the 14th Battlegroup, led by the GTD Orestes, prepares to lead the GTVA's return to Sol, young pilot Samuel Bei finds himself once more under his estranged father's command. As the two Beis grapple with the open wounds of an old tragedy, the greatest journey any human being has ever undertaken opens before them: a sojourn across universes and beyond death itself, as the destiny of the human race and the secrets of Shiva hang in the balance.
As Samuel Bei, you will guide your elite task force through a harrowing journey - a desperate flight through a nightmare of burnt rock, cold fire, and horrifying visions, drawn inexorably onwards by the pull of your own fate. Give up your humanity and your life to protect those you love in one of the most immersive, emotionally engaging FreeSpace stories ever told.
- New music - 3 entirely new tracks with full tabling and synchronisation, plus further tracks that are event-triggered
- New ships - To reflect the next generation of GTVA technology. There is also a new race to discover along the way
- Storyline-based action - Telling a unique story set within the Freespace universe, with its own characters, life-changing events, setting and themes
- Custom communication ani's - Giving new faces to Command, characters and ships
Director's Cut Features
- Full voice acting from a talented semipro cast
- Brand new skyboxes by HerraTohtori
- Wingman personas for Corey and Taylor
- Nameplates for the 14th Battlegroup and other Terran ships
- Overhauled missions, including balance tweaks, skip buttons for long dialogue sequences, and re-directed cutscenes
- New and revamped effects and textures
- New HTL vishnan models courtesy of the Ancient-Shivan War team
- A brand new interface
- Dozens of new techroom entries, including all warship turrets and new Intelligence entries with secrets of the Shivans and the post-Capella GTVA - as well as portions of 'The Rift' and 'Project Nagari', previews for War in Heaven
- A truly epic credits screen: go check it out!
- Much, much more!
There are a few requirements required for Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius.
- A full version of FreeSpace 2. Buy it at Gog.com (http://www.gog.com/game/freespace_2) or Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/273620/)
- FreeSpace Open 3.7.2 or later (available on the FSO Installer (http://scp.indiegames.us/fsoinstaller/FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.jar))
- The 2014 MediaVPs (available on the FSO Installer (http://scp.indiegames.us/fsoinstaller/FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.jar))
Installing Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius
- Just use the FSO Installer (http://scp.indiegames.us/fsoinstaller/FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.jar) to download Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius!
- For advanced users, see below for individual file links. Only use those if you really know what you are doing!
IMPORTANT: You need ALL of these in order to play Blue Planet.
- Audio files part 1: FSMods (http://blueplanet.fsmods.net/releases/bp-audio1.7z)
- Audio files part 2: FSMods (http://blueplanet.fsmods.net/releases/bp-audio2.7z)
- Core: FSMods (http://blueplanet.fsmods.net/releases/bp-core.7z)
- Visuals part 1: FSMods (http://blueplanet.fsmods.net/releases/bp-visuals1.7z)
- Visuals part 2: FSMods (http://blueplanet.fsmods.net/releases/bp-visuals2.7z)
- High resolution textures: FSMods (http://blueplanet.fsmods.net/releases/adv-bp.7z)
- Open your FreeSpace 2 Launcher (usually launcher.exe), go to MOD tab and select blueplanet as your mod. Open Features tab and select Gameplay as list type. Make sure you have enabled "Use models for ship selection" and "Use models for weapons selection". Then launch the game.
- It is strongly recommended to create a new pilot to play BP: AoA Director's Cut. Seriously, do this and save yourself from unnecessary trouble.
- We recommend setting music volume to 2/3rds and voice volume to full in Options (F2). Please visit the Techroom to read new Intelligence entries and credits!
- Once in-game, in Campaign menu select Blue Planet - Age of Aquarius, click Select button and finally click Continue to start the campaign.
Click here for troubleshooting help (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=70511.0)
Click here for release discussion (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=68212.0)
STARRING THE UNSURPASSED:
Isaac White as Samuel Bei
Ransom Arceihn as Philip Corey, Alpha 2
Kathleen Conahan as Mina Taylor, Alpha 3
James Collymore as Admiral Bei Wen Jian
Colonol Dekker as GTD Orestes Tactical and Forced Entry Delta 1
Dorothy Conway as GTD Temeraire Tactical, Sanctuary Tactical, and Captain Lumin Kristae
David Reggi as Captain Esmar Al'Fadil
Matt "Calavera" O'Connor as Elder Martin Mandho and Vice Admiral Morian
Gillian Conahan as Rear Admiral Carey, Sato, and Mei Ling Bei
Rina-chan as Captain Katashi Iwakura
Lira as Eriana Bei
ALSO STARRING, WITH SPECIAL THANKS TO A WONDERFUL TEAM
Mongoose as Curse Alpha 1, Curse Alpha 2, and Curse Alpha 3, Truth Beta 1, the GTC Persephone, and as the Demons of the Past briefing captain
Zex Marquise as Nightwolves Alpha 4, Omar, and the GTC Bretonia
Swashmebuckle as Centaur Station, Nightwolves Epsilon 4, the GTL Solace, the GTC Miranda, and the GTCv Boreas (that's for Earth!)
FoxtrotTango as Commander Tell
Renegade Paladin as the GTC Duke and the GTL Fortune
-Norbert- as the GTCv Labouchere
Darkblade as GTVA Command
da1edw1n as Nightwolves Delta 1
ChronoReverse as Lieutenant Nehru
Androgeos Exeunt as ...With Vast Seas Transport Captain
Hiroaki "RavRav" Kaminaga as Demons Transport Captain
Darius as the UEFg Renjian
Unknown Entity/Entities as Shiva
Unknown Entity/Entities as Vishnu