Author Topic: Exile - Discussion  (Read 2262 times)

Offline kimo

In this universe, how is the GTVA doing during the events of Exile?
Spoiler:
From what Nyctaeus already said:
1. Supernova in Capella system caused massive shift in jump nodes network. Some GTVA systems are now cut off, other gained access to unexplored stars.
2. Second Shivan Incursion was not the end of problems with Shivans.
3. "GTVA probably won't ever be able construct Sol Gate."

So in short their situation is either bad or very bad :(

Offline Macielos

Spoiler:
It's rather 'very bad' than 'bad'.

Offline Nyctaeus

• Betrayal is his middle name
  • Get Exiled! ^^
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Spoiler:
It's rather 'very bad' than 'bad'.
Spoiler:
...but not worse than "very bad" :P. They won't be destroyed.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | DA Profile | P3D Profile

MY RELEASED CONTENT SO FAR
Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack | Updated Ancients Models
All of my stuff can be used ONLY in Freespace campaigns and missions.

Veteran modder and graphic designer of all kinds. 3D is my speciality. Feel free to PM me if you looking for a model or other GFX help.

Offline Viko

Just finished the campaign ...

Seriously it has been a very long time since i enjoyed this much  :D

The story, the background, the missions even the cutscenes ... outstanding work !!!

Again THANK YOU  :yes: :yes:

Can't wait for the next chapter !!!

Offline Nyctaeus

• Get Exiled! ^^
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
We're glad you like it :). It's been three long years of development :P

Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack | Updated Ancients Models

Veteran modder and graphic designer of all kinds. 3D is my speciality. Feel free to PM me if you looking for a model or other GFX help.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I continued playing too. Still kinda torn here.

*PLEASE* do not be offended or anything but I think its not very fun in parts. I like a lot of the stuff that I have seen, especially the dark tones in the story. But from a gameplay standpoint, I often feel ill equiped for what I am supposed to do. The worst offender thus far was the mission in which you have to destroy the communication nodes of the Shivans. It is basically on an FS1-level of "shooting a destroyer for minutes until it dies". Even the transports are though to crack in that level. Maybe I am totally mismanaging my equipment but in that case I would argue that I have not been briefed in any way to suggest I should pack something specific.

Of course one could argue that an ill equipped army supports the back-against-the-wall theme but at least for me its not doing that. I only feel frustrated and considering that bombers and capships do seem to be available if necessary, some sections just feel like needlessly streched, similar to the bad missions in FS1.

For reference, I have been playing on Medium (3 of 5).
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Nyctaeus

• Get Exiled! ^^
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
If you refer to first comm node, it's been weakned especially for players who hate shoothing at single target for minute or two. For the rest, you have two wings of fighters to help you destroy all tougher targets without shooting everything for too long time. Besides, all shivan utility ships are optional targets. You are not required to do everything you have on your directive list, but... Well, you can.

Also you have bomber wing to deal with targets you weren't able to take down with firepower you had. Protecting them is essential for faster, and more effective progress... And there is artillery frigate. Keep her safe and she will deal with everything, including comm nodes. You are not ill-equipped for this mission. You are just not supposed to blow up whole shivan depot alone. This mission is tacical. You have to manage your wingman to achieve your goals and destroying all targets in depot is supposed to be harder.

Official advice: Leave comm nodes. Focus on destroying other targets. Akka or bombers will deal with them.
In fact Comm Nodes are supposed to be something like "this crap is too hard!"... And suddently reinfocements become available :].

Majority of missions in Exile are intuitive, linear and with simple goals. But this one is not. We are aware that this kind of mission may be difficult for players, so this is basicly the only tactical one we decided to include.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:51:18 pm by Nyctaeus »

Offline CT27

Some advice that may help make a first playthrough of Exile a little easier:

Spoiler:
  As of right now, unlike Shadow Genesis, there is no "bonus" for getting a certain number of achievements in missions in the campaign.  So my advice would be, just play through the campaign normally the first time around without over exerting yourself trying to get every achievement...and then on the next playthrough you can for fun try to get achievements.