Author Topic: PUBLIC BETA: Modpack Cleaner v0.6  (Read 28403 times)

Re: PUBLIC BETA: Modpack Cleaner v0.5
If you do implement VP support. I have a working wxBase implementation that will read .vps.  It should be fairly straight forward to port to STL C++ like what you are using. It was originally done up in anticipation of a wxLauncher feature(s) that I haven't gotten to yet, but as far as I recall the implemenation works as advertised for reading of vps.  You can find it on the wxLauncher googlecode page: http://code.google.com/p/wxlauncher/source/checkout?repo=libvp

Thanks, though I'd rather write my own VP reader - it's a challenge :drevil:

I would suggest just hosting it on a place like googlecode.com and be done with it.  They cover everything needed to setup.  If you are having problems with SVN itself (ie. how to use it) I would suggest the "SVN Book" that is available online for free or on paper.

Okay, that's good to know. First I want to do a pretty major rewrite, that will enable users to see exactly where a file is in use; after that beta (i.e. the next one) I'll put the code up on SVN.

Re: PUBLIC BETA: Modpack Cleaner v0.6
Beta 0.6 is now up, download link in OP! Apart from bugfixes and an icon (on Windows, anyway), the main new feature is that you can now actually see where every file is used. Hope that'll prove a useful idea :D

I made a project for it at Google Code and committed the source there (link also in OP), with MSVC2010 project (wxWidgets 2.9) and Linux make things. Now here's a (probably) silly question: I check it out under Ubuntu and I can't run the autogen.sh script. "Permission denied". What am I doing wrong? I can compile FSO from SVN just fine, so I assume I did something wrong in the project SVN settings?

I put this on SVN so y'all can contribute if you feel like it; the main to-dos are multimod, VP support, and cleaning more stuff.

Droid: this version should recognize thruster particles correctly, if you remove the extensions in the table.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: your autogen.sh problem, you might need to make the script executable?  i.e.

Code: [Select]
chmod +x autogen.sh
Disclaimer: I can't SVN from work so I can't check this for certain. 
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Beta 0.6 is now up, download link in OP!
The Windows exe link still points to 0.5.

Whoops :nervous: The one time I didn't check the download links before posting...

Niffiwan: Thanks, that did the trick. Compiling from SVN should be possible now.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So, I want to be able to use this, but it listed a few textures that I know for a fact are in use... so it makes me uncomfortable to take it's recommendations on which textures are unused. :(
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Well, multimod and VPs are not supported as of right now - if that's where the textures are used, it's, eh, unfortunate - I don't have a timeline for those features.

If that's not the cause, then it's a bug and I'd like to hear more about it :)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I'm 98% sure it's not due to models in a vp somewhere. I know I have a POF in data/models that uses glass-trans.dds. In fact, I've confirmed that to be the case. However this still insists it's not used.

I'm 98% sure it's not due to models in a vp somewhere. I know I have a POF in data/models that uses glass-trans.dds. In fact, I've confirmed that to be the case. However this still insists it's not used.
That's funny, -trans textures should be supported... Does it still happen if the model is in its own mod folder? If so, could you upload it?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Haven't tested, but I intend to.

Haven't tested, but I intend to.
's alright, no pressure :)

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
 :bump: :headz:

Yay for 6-years old necro.

May I request some humble and noble coding soul to upgrade MCleaner to support Knossos modpack structure? Ya know, different packages etc...
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
I was about to say, "someone actually got to one of my long term goals!" Remind me to look at this after 19.0 is out?  I do want to see something like this finished.

Knossos also needs some work (although who knows, maybe I won't be good at finding bugs there)

Holy necro, batman! I completely forgot I did this. Or that Google Code was a thing at some point :nervous:

Turns out I actually still have the old source code. Since I'm gonna be away from my machine for the next five weeks I'll just attach it here for whoever's interested. Warning: this was one of my first forays into C++, I'm not taking any responsibility for the quality of this code :P

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]