Author Topic: Blue Planet 2 War In Heaven Act 3 SOUNDTRACK  (Read 9244 times)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Re: Blue Planet 2 War In Heaven Act 3 SOUNDTRACK
I don't think it's available in mp3 format.  If you wanted to you could probably extract the .ogg's from the VPs then convert them to mp3, but you'll lose quality that way.  Having said that, .ogg is fairly widely supported, is there a particular reason you want mp3's?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
I would want them for the simple fact that the Windows Phone I have does not play .OGGs... for some reason.
No, the phone wont be changed, it was a gift.
No, I wont waste money on more phones.
I use audacity to convert them, personally.

Offline Myraseth

• Prime evidence of Murphy's Law
Is there a particular reason you want mp3's?
I played and beat the main campaign, and I wanted to be able to listen to the soundtrack whenever I'm walking around.
The only thing that matters is the goal. Your goal. Nothing and nobody will stand in my way to achieve what I deem necessary.
What about you?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Yeah - I just copied the .oggs to my phone. If like An4ximandros your portable music device of choice doesn't play .oggs then you'll need to convert them to .mp3 yourself.  Per An4ximandros's suggestion, Audacity should be able to do that.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I'm sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, but...
I use VPVIEW32 to listen to the soundtrack of Blue Planet, but... how do I download it to mp3 format? I wanna jam to your awesome soundtracks everywhere.

No need to download them from the internet. Just use VPVIEW32 to open the soundtrack of BP, select the track you want, and then click on the "Extract to dir" button just above the list. Once you've got the file, try using this program here: http://oggtomp3converter.com/ to get them to MP3. So far, I haven't noticed any drop in quality.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:58:06 am by ItalianPlumber »