Author Topic: The Status of SAFSO  (Read 4161 times)

Offline AndrewofDoom

• In A.D. 2366 war was beginning
  • Permanent yuri goggles.
    • Twitter
Is the mod dead? Yes, very much so. Why? Well...in between Quanto's harddrive problems and the lack of finding people who want to make missions (I tried, but grew to hate using FRED and mission design in general. I'm more an artist.) the whole thing pretty much died out.

It's kinda sad to see everything go to naught, so I'll talk to Quanto to get what WIP and finished stuff we have out the door to everyone. Not that I think anyone would have a use for any of it due the mods rather distinct style, but maybe one day someone might!
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.
20:10:01   Spoon: I find it mildly arrousing
20:10:07   AndrewofDoom: Woah
20:10:15   Spoon: sound like my kind of loli
20:10:21   Spoon: and im not even a lolicon

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I'd add that another problem seems to have been a lack of coordination in the latter phases - it's just hard to keep a project going on when the group dynamic just doesn't seem to be in place. Early on, we were either students or unemployed, so there was a lot of time to work together on the project. That kind of environment just doesn't last forever, though.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
Oh hey Thaeris. Can you dump out all of your concept art for this mod? I know you have a lot of it still hiding somewhere.
My Efforts:
SF Knight

20:08:19   AndrewofDoom: Though I find it mildly disturbing that a loli is giggling to mass destruction.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
I can certainly do that - where are we needing it, Andy?

...I should note that a lot of the stuff is quite rough, and was intended moreover to get us going in a direction rather than act as a final "finished" piece of art. Preliminary stuff tends to be like that, and my earlier work had a tendency to do that a lot regardless.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline AndrewofDoom

• Twitter
I just want to show it off here on this thread.

Also spoke to the Quanto. He hasn't thought about dumping at all. I might need to do it myself then.
My Efforts:
SF Knight