Author Topic: I cannot find a few old mods  (Read 13101 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I cannot find a few old mods
Hello

Some time ago I tried to find the famous GTD Hera and only download i found ( This one: http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.228 ) was lacking one texture. This problem seemed to be known and i found a thread with complete version ( Here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,42331.msg880823.html#msg880823 ) ,but all links were dead. Also I found BSG mod that looks intresting ( http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,51708.0.html ) but download links were also down. Both were hosted on rapidshare. Can somebody upload them on freespace mods please ? I think these links worked some time ago and somebody have complete Hera or this BSG alpha release. I  also found (Singleplayer i think) imperial alliance beta ( http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,26249.msg528061.html#msg528061 ) ,but this time the download site doesn't even exist. It may be substandard for SCP ,but I don't want to wait for FoTG. There was also 158th Banshee Squadron test and exposition releases but again none of links are working ( This time on Mediafire: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,52363.msg1063765.html#msg1063765 ).
I would be glad to have more ships from the project but I understand if they removed the release when mod came back alive ,I also heard that some exposition was just an April Fool.
I hope somebody will respond because i haven't found any mirrors to those mods.

Dragon

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: I cannot find a few old mods
I might try to upload some of that, I have everything you mentioned but the Hera sitting on my hard drive.  The BSG Alpha release wasn't anything spectacular, there's not really anything complete to play with.  More of a novelty.  The Imperial Alliance project seems to have shut down, which is why you can't find the download now I would assume.   But I did manage to get a copy of it (and the patch!) before it was taken down.  It's actually more multiplayer oriented but you can play some single player missions if I recall.  Imperial Alliance's goal was to make almost a drop in replacement for X-wing vs TIE Fighter/ X-wing Alliance, whereas FotG is going for something completely different.  I would have actually liked to see both projects release full versions, but that's not likely to happen now.

In the meantime, I had gone through most of the BSG Alpha release stuff that I could find, and I managed to compile a set of BSG Alpha files that I think would work as a mod.  I also uploaded the BSG Alpha model cache files.

Edit:  Looks like you needed the source files, which I don't have uploaded currently.  I'll try to get them uploaded somewhere soon.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 02:37:13 pm by chief1983 »
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Are those source files containing maps and effects for this mod ?
Because it seems they are missing from what you uploaded.

Thanks anyway. :)

As for Imperial Alliance i had multiplayer demo some time ago ,but i lost lot of data recently.
Also ,this demo was not allowing me to play singleplayer and there was no mainhall at all (after choosing pilot it was taking you immediately ready room).
Beta found by me was certainly singleplayer and had mainhall (though not very liked).

I also hope somebody still have complete GTD Hera because i very like that ship.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
AFAIK the Hera was never completed. It was close to completion, but I think Raptor disappeared before it could be 100% done.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
OK so maybe version just more completed than the one from Fsmods.
Or at least this missing texture.
I think it had a normal and shine maps at some point.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
The missing texture was also linked in that one thread of his, but it was also on rapidshare and seems to be down now.  I think it was the missing texture anyway.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Yes ,I tried this link ,most likely it was this missing texture and it is down.
For now I'm using "Capital11-01a" from blue planet and it fits quite well ,but i would like to use the original texture. Also original shine and normal maps would be nice (i made my own shine maps with infran view).
I have attached quick screenshot.
Could have been better ( or worse if i listen to solution proposing "Sail" texture in place of missing one ).
Augustus because i use roman names for these species and "NRC" because I'm changing this annoying FS class naming convention so cruiser means large and well armed ,but slow ship (for Fenris sized ships there is term "Corvette" and FS corvettes became frigates. Destroyer remained and i use "Dreadnought" instead of "Juggernaut" ).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
IIRC Herra Tohtori did normal maps for it here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,54365.msg1099338.html#msg1099338
But then someone uploaded the OLDER, original, texture-missing version and it got replaced on FSmods by someone who thought it was a newer version >.>... (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, SNAIL! AND YOU, TITAN!)

and then noone bothered to upload the fixed one again...

I ask:
Anyone who has HT's GTD Hera with normal maps, please reupload!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline nvsblmnc

• I'm a minefield of information.
Thinking about missing mods, I remember that Aldo once made a pirate bomber in the vein of the PF Kulas.  I can't seem to find any reference to it, though - does it still exist?
When the reactor explodes, it's usually a sign that you've taken too much damage.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
IIRC Herra Tohtori did normal maps for it here: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,54365.msg1099338.html#msg1099338
But then someone uploaded the OLDER, original, texture-missing version and it got replaced on FSmods by someone who thought it was a newer version >.>... (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, SNAIL! AND YOU, TITAN!)
:shaking:

Well, cut me some slack, there were like 10 versions of the same blurdy ship (no, seriously). I picked the one which looked the newest at a glance and deleted the rest... :nervous:

Offline Droid803

At least you could have checked?
Well, no sense raging about it now...anyone actually still have HT's?
(´・ω・`)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
You could always try asking him...

I haven't heard from HT in... a long time...

And don't look at me, I just sent a PM to raptor hoping that he would see it in his bi-monthly login.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I haven't heard from HT in... a long time...
'e was on IRC yesterday.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
OK looks like I'm going to wait for Herra Tohtori to post normal maps for GTD Hera.
What with 158th test and exposition releases?
Even wiki points to them ,somebody should either reupload releases or correct the wiki (i was really disappointed when i saw wiki is pointing to dead links).
And i could use IA mainhall in my mod.
Because data uploaded by chief1983 is missing textures i made a reskin of Guardian destroyer ,the GTC Odysseus (believe or not it is 400m long). Now i only need to explain it's 40 turrets.
I would like to see it with original textures and weapons (chief's pack also have no effects) but i think Odysseus is also intresting concept if i manage to balance it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Darius

It's a nice model, but some of the hierarchy in the pof needs to be fixed up. When I was trying to incorporate it into my campaign it had wild unpredictable effects on the game. Luckily I managed to work out what the problem was and fix it.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
As stated in the thread I pointed to, my pack was apparently just a patch I made for the original release of files.  I haven't had a chance to upload all of those anywhere yet.  Keep reminding me though :)

Offline Droid803

Oh what where did the GTC Odysseus come from? :eek2:

EDIT: never mind...
(´・ω・`)

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Because data uploaded by chief1983 is missing textures i made a reskin of Guardian destroyer ,the GTC Odysseus (believe or not it is 400m long). Now i only need to explain it's 40 turrets.
I would like to see it with original textures and weapons (chief's pack also have no effects) but i think Odysseus is also intresting concept if i manage to balance it.
That actually looks pretty good (the ship - I can't quote the picture :nod:).

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Odysseus is a retexture for one of the ships included in pack (namely Guardian destroyer) ,it's not the original texture ,but i think it look decent (all colonial capships from this mod look very FS-ish). Only problem are said 40 turrets (GTD Hecate has 35). I need to finish the table and maybe i will upload it.