Author Topic: $25 Amazon Gift Certificate for Help  (Read 3774 times)

$25 Amazon Gift Certificate for Help
To FS2 Open Experts,

I am trying to create a custom mod of the fs2 source. If what I want to do is not achievable then I thank the expert who tells me so.

I am creating a custom enclosed space simulator for my kids. I want to use FS2 Open.

To accomplish this I want to automatically load FS2 via command line the following:

>specified mission
>specified pilot
>specified ship

Basically, skip EVERYTHING and go straight into the game play.

I have read many threads and know that what I want has been discussed in a similar fashion before. However, I will email $25 Amazon Gift Certificate to anyone who can assist me with my problem. I am not asking for the whole source modified for me. I simply want a good effort from someone to get me kick started in knowing what cpp files to modify,what functions to call, and the initialization logic of FS2.

I have looked at the source for the first real time tonight and realized this may not be simple. I am hoping to get this change made in a couple of weeks so I can finish the hardware side of my project by Christmas for the kids.

After knowing how to do the previous I intend to use a seperate system to send a UDP call to load subsequent missions in a similar manner without closing the program when the kids want to change missions.

So that's the question/challenge.

I look forward to your response.

blasterpal

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I think this has been implemented, something like -almission
thought I think it will only work with multi-player missions (not like that is realy going to make a diference)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2003, 10:22:15 pm by 57 »
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Re: $25 Amazon Gift Certificate for Help
Originally posted by blasterpal
TI am creating a custom enclosed space simulator for my kids. I want to use FS2 Open.

Really?  That is so cool!  :eek:
I wish I had one of those...
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
:welcome:

Blasterpal, I'm no coder and can't help you with your specific request, but welcome to HLP all the same. Hope you're able to use FS2 Open for your space sim. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Kamikaze

• A Complacent Wind
    • http://www.nodewar.com
Any chance you could post some pics of it and some construction details once it's complete? Sounds like a very cool project. :):yes:
Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers in the preceding generation . . .Learn from science that you must doubt the experts. As a matter of fact, I can also define science another way: Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts. - Richard Feynman

I will definately post the finished project. For clarification the
"-almission" switch work only for multiplayer and I want to use single player ( the kids have to fight something ). Moreover, the -almission switch still brings you to the mission briefing and doesn't launch straight into the game. I know there was a thread a while back about "MILO" or a mission loader to test missions. That would be exactly what I'm trying to implement.

I look forward to someone to help me with my request. If I figure it out, I'll definately post a link to my source.

blasterpal

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
I'm not a coder, so I cannot make -almission work for single player for you, blasterpal, but I do have a solution for getting past the briefing.  In Fred2_open 3.5.5, open the Mission Specs Editor.  There you will see check boxes that say "No Briefing" and "No Debriefing".  Select them, and if someone makes -almission work on single player for you, you will be dumped straight into flight.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Sesquipedalian, thanks for the info. I would normally just use multi player missions, but who would my kids fight? Regardless, I hadn't noticed those command line switches. I will look into it.

Thanks,
blasterpal

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
They could fight each other....
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Ehh. We try that at my house. If me and my bro aren't on the same team, things get violent...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
hey, the fact that you're offering us a monetary reward makes you a first rate chapp :D  now where is DTP....... I think he is the one that did this for multiplayer missions, thusly he deserve the gift certificate and could easily make this work for single player as well
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

UPDATE:

I have nearly completed the changes to the source to accomplish what I initially requested. So I guess that means that I am withdrawing my offer. On the plus side, I will have a FS2 version that can launch straight into single player missions from command line. I will make the source and EXE available after I am complete.

blasterpal

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by blasterpal
UPDATE:

I am withdrawing my offer.

:lol:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist