Author Topic: $Show Primary Models  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I'm having a bit of a problem with this, I have a table that goes like...

Code: [Select]
$Shockwave Speed:       0.0                                             ;; speed shockwave expands at, 0 means no shockwave
$Weapon Model Draw Distance: 400
$Allowed PBanks:        ( "Maul" ) ( "Subach HL-7" "Prometheus S" "Prometheus R" "Lamprey" "Circe" "Maxim" )
$Allowed Dogfight PBanks:        ( "Maul") ( "Subach HL-D" "Prometheus D" "Circe" "MorningStar D" "Lamprey" )
$Default PBanks:        ( "Maul" "Subach HL-7" )
$PBank Capacity: ( 60, 0 )
$Show Primary Models: (YES NO)
$Allowed SBanks:        ( "Rockeye" "Hornet" "Tornado" "Trebuchet" "Stiletto II" "Piranha" "Cyclops""cyclops#short" "Hornet#Weak" "EMP Adv." "Infyrno" )
$Allowed Dogfight SBanks:        ( "Rockeye D" "Hornet D" "Tornado" "Piranha" "Infyrno D" )
$Default SBanks:        ( "Hornet" "Trebuchet" )
$SBank Capacity:        ( 70, 70 )

The 'Maul' is a chaingun. Now, if I use it as is, I cannot select any seconday weapons for my ship. If, however, I comment out the $Show Primary Models command, the Secondary weapons are selectable as usual, but obviously, I cannot see the chaingun.

I've tried (YES, NO) as options as well, but with no luck. Any help out there?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Try ( YES NO ) instead of (YES NO)

IF that fixes it can you amend the wiki to point out that the spaces are important please.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
That fixed it thanks, Wiki updated :)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Sorry for the doublepost, but since I'm on the subject of ballistic Primary weapons, I thought I'd ask here rather than start a new thread.

I've noticed one problem with Ballistic Primaries at the moment is that the Support ship will not re-arm primary weapons, it'll just sit docked with you and 'Waiting', no matter how high you set the reload rate.

I was wondering if this was a bug, or whether the coders were planning to remove the 'one support ship per race' rule, and introduce a 'Reloads Ballistic' flag?

If it's a bug, let me know and I'll put it onto Mantis :)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Is it just me, or did we come across the same reloading bug with the ballistic primaries...?  :doubt:

Seems that way to me since the Maul is in the first primary slot... =\
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 09:04:26 pm by asyikarea51 »
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
We have (at least I could only find one mention in a search), but on that occasion it was due to a +Weapon Range value, which was wrongly placed.

The table for the Maul doesn't even have a +weapon range specifier in it, it was copy/pasted from a Maxim, and then altered. As far as I can tell, the $Rearm Rate is in the right place, which is between Impact Sound and Flags, so I'm not really sure what to try, I wonder if I need to define a weapon range of some sort? I'll try that tomorrow.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
I already had a Weapon Range and a Rearm Rate tag, but I still got the same weapon-not-reloading-plus-sound error, even after removing the tags and adding them back. =| Currently my entry has no Weapon Range tag, but a Rearm Rate tag is set. I don't think your results will change even if you set a Weapon Range in the tables... :doubt:

Looking at the wiki, my entries should be in the correct places. (uhh, Impact Sound, then Rearm Rate, then Weapon Range, then Flags :doubt:)

For now, I'll just temporarily lock out the ballistics from the first slot until a fix is released... :)

In any case, I posted the same bug in here.... umm... fifth post. I got a reply to it though, so methinks all is good for now... http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,42665.0.html
« Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 09:40:16 pm by asyikarea51 »
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Hmmm... odd that, it contains all the search words. Must admit, Search is still a bit screwy :/

Yup, exactly the same problem as you, looks like I might have to Mantis it.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
LOL yah... can't rely on the Search engine too much...

Well it'd be appreciated, since I can't use Mantis due to my email.

Peace out. :)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Try ( YES NO ) instead of (YES NO)

IF that fixes it can you amend the wiki to point out that the spaces are important please.

Uh.  That shouldn't be important.  Put it in Mantis; it's a bug in the parser.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Will do. I'll do 'em both tomorrow, I need my bed ;)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Uh.  That shouldn't be important.  Put it in Mantis; it's a bug in the parser.

The same bug is in show secondaries too. Which is why I guessed it would be the cause of Flipside's problems.

Sorry for the doublepost, but since I'm on the subject of ballistic Primary weapons, I thought I'd ask here rather than start a new thread.

I've noticed one problem with Ballistic Primaries at the moment is that the Support ship will not re-arm primary weapons, it'll just sit docked with you and 'Waiting', no matter how high you set the reload rate.

I was wondering if this was a bug, or whether the coders were planning to remove the 'one support ship per race' rule, and introduce a 'Reloads Ballistic' flag?

If it's a bug, let me know and I'll put it onto Mantis :)

Now this is odd. I remember altering something in the Ballistic primaries code a month or two ago and testing to make certain rearming worked (which it did at the time). For the life of me I can't remember what it was now :rolleyes:

I'll check it out once it's in Mantis.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
does this mean i have to edit all my tables again?
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I shouldn't think so. ( NO YES ) is the way all the :v: values would have been entered. Just look at the rest of Flipside's table entry.

Fixing it so that (NO YES) also works isn't a bad idea but I see no reason to penalise people who have used proper :v: syntax (i.e spaces between the brackets and the values).

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
actually (NO YES ) would work, you just need a space between the last value in the list and the close parenthesis.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yeah but that's just ugly. :p

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
it should work regaurdless of how much whitespace you use. (YES NO) should work just as well as (   YES   NO   ).
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Agreed. Which is why it's being fixed.

But my point was simply that going from requiring the spaces to requiring that they aren't present would be a retrograde step not an improvement.