Author Topic: $Tech Model howto  (Read 2029 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
As the title says: how do I get it to work? ;)

I added a line $Tech Model: model.pof prior to $Model File: model.pof. Ingame old ani still pops up instead of the 3d model I specified. I even went as far as enabling "use models for weapons selection" in the launcher. ;)

What am I doing wrong? I probably grabbed one beer too many last night, but apart from that? ;)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 09:00:10 am by Tolwyn »
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Are you referring to the tech room view or to the loadout view of the weapon?
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Tech room.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Hmmm... AFAIK both show ship and show weapon models apply only to the mission ship selection and weapons loadout screens not to the tech room.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
The weapon's external model (the one rendered on your fighter/bomber) is specified by $External Model File: in the table.  Note that the ship in question has to have external models enabled ($Show Primary Models: ( YES YES ) or $Show Secondary Models: ( YES YES YES ), each YES or NO referring to a bank, so you can set them individually) in the ship table.  $Tech Model: and -weapon_choice_3d only affect the loadout screen.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
You might also try deleting the old +Tech Anim: line, it may default to that when both are defined, and if you undefine it you should at least see the $Model File: entry without needing to even define the $Tech Model: entry.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I tried that originally. No luck.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
If you deleted the tech anim, I don't think there's any sort of hardcoded default.  You should have seen the model, or the game should have crashed, one or the other.  I'm pretty sure about that anyway.  Is it possible there's a table somewhere overriding what you're doing?  That's the only other idea I would have, although it's probably asinine to suggest it.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays