Author Topic: External shaders using Swifty's Deferred Lighting and Shadows and PBR  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
External shaders using Swifty's Deferred Lighting and Shadows and PBR
Hello,

Everytime I get a FSO 3.7.3 nightly build revision, I came into various problems of model rendering.

When I got into the ship lab (F3), I noticed the models are stationary, with subparts being moved around. Also, during missions, no models were appeared. No deferred lighting and shadowing that Swifty implemented it. That was very disappointing to me.

I'm using it to test my mods in development, namely Shattered Stars. I hope I'm not the only one who encountered this problem and that someone will fix them as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:25:23 am by Bryan See »
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Model rendering problems
Please post your fs2_open.log file.  Instructions on how to do this can be found in this post.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Re: Model rendering problems
Judging from the attached file, excluding the table parsing errors which I can handle easier (including weapons which are still in WIP), the programmable shaders are the culprit. Those from Kobrar44 seems to be outdated at the least, due to Swifty introducing deferred lighting and shadows, and physically-based rendering. How am I going to create shaders in accordance with these changes in FSO's renderer?

I've changed this topic's title into "External shaders using Swifty's Deferred Lighting and Shadows and PBR", which is more appropriate to me. The model was fixed some time ago, sorry about that.

[attachment deleted by nobody]
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: External shaders using Swifty's Deferred Lighting and Shadows and PBR
Deferred lighting and shadows have made it into master and are in nightly builds, PBR code has not yet.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: External shaders using Swifty's Deferred Lighting and Shadows and PBR
Judging from the attached file, excluding the table parsing errors which I can handle easier (including weapons which are still in WIP), the programmable shaders are the culprit. Those from Kobrar44 seems to be outdated at the least, due to Swifty introducing deferred lighting and shadows, and physically-based rendering. How am I going to create shaders in accordance with these changes in FSO's renderer?

Short answer: You don't. Right now, the render pipeline is subject to change, and we discourage writing your own shaders because they're going to be unusable once PBR hits. You can try to get the shader code from the built-in ones and adapt them, but be aware that we can make no guarantees that they will continue to work.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns