Author Topic: Character art (or EVE Planet Online; many pictures!)  (Read 17454 times)

Offline -Norbert-

Re: Character art (or EVE Planet Online; many pictures!)
Sure Garak planted the bomb without Siskos knowledge, but that he obtained necessary components and created the fake visual data was with Siskos permission (even though it was Garaks idea).
And ultimately it wasn't the destruction of the ship that made the Romulans go to war. It was that stick with the fake video. While it wasn't enough to convince the Romulans in prime condition, after the destruction of the ship the imperfections where put down to battledamage (and thus they "logically" concluded the Dominion bombed the ship to keep that video secret).

Furthermore Sisko let get Garak away with an assasination, without even a symbolic punishment (unless you count shouting and glaring) or so much as a word to the authorities and thus became not just a witness but an acomplice to the bombing just as much as if he'd known in advance.

So yes, his guilty conscience is justified to a high degree, but then he can live with that. And seeing how the Dominion didn't win the war, it seems to have been worth it.

Offline CT27

Wouldn't Sisko making a word to the authorities be kind of pointless since Starfleet approved the whole scheme?

Offline Legate Damar

• Keeping up with the Cardassians
  • Hail Cardassia!
And thus the Cardassians saved the Alpha Quadrant from the Dominion.

You're welcome.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Take your Star Trek roleplay elsewhere, please.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I don't really like steele, I always imagined him looking more like this guy:

than just some random black dude

Steele's definitely black, but remember, this is more or less concept art.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Until I saw this thread I thought "Chiwetel" sounded like a Russian name :ick:

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
[lolshot]http://cinemaelectronica.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/avatar-movie-picture-2.jpg[/lolshot]

Avery Brooks?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline crizza

So, I'm the only one who don't like the character art?
Simms looks...just...uarg.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
So, I'm the only one who don't like the character art?
Simms looks...just...uarg.

Did you read the thread?

These are just some artistic takes by Darius in the EVE character generator, they're not definitive portraits.

Offline crizza

Yeah, I got that, but since everyone was so happy about them...and Simms still look like an egghead with some strwa on top^^

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Yeah, I got that, but since everyone was so happy about them...and Simms still look like an egghead with some strwa on top^^

Thats normal, if someone remotely popular creates something any good at all they will praise it highly.

I really liked them, but a few things:

1) Steele doesn't look anything like I imagined him to be, and I had a wide variety of things in that imagination. It's not his race/skin tone, but the fact that he looks...soft, young, too relaxed. He doesn't look anything like a Magnificent Bastard. In fact, I initially thought he was Admiral Bei (he looks exactly what I expected Admiral Bei to look like).

2) Sam looks a bit too Asian, given his accent (and that of his father and mother). It just doesn't fit; even if he was adopted, his accent (especially when put in the context of his parents' accents) just pushes the jarring factor too far, in my opinion.

3) Netreba seems too young and...soft?...to be a Fleet Admiral. I've never seen or heard of an officer of that high in rank looking anywhere near that young.

4) Byrne looks a bit too harsh, but that could just be his expression. Not only does he look like something straight out of a movie with insert-Commies-are-horrible-evil-monsters for villains. I think it's a combination of the wrinkles, facial hair, bang style (which is good, just not in this combination/context), and especially the cheeks/cheek bones. In all, it gives him a very pointy, jagged-yet-precise-and-orderly, sinister feel.

5) Where's Noemi?! :D

Simms looks great, as does Ng'Mei, Olefumi, Corey, and Calder (though I would personally give Calder a very thin layer of gray hair). Taylor looks great, though definitely not how I thought she might look like.
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Sam says he has family in Hong Kong, so it's safe to assume that while his ethnicity is Asian, he has quite a bit of British culture mixed in. 

Thats normal, if someone remotely popular creates something any good at all they will praise it highly.

Oh wow. Quartritch would be a GREAT model for Steele, though not the only one. He could go well with Liam Neeson:http://www.thecinemasource.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/the_grey_movie_poster-liam_neeson.jpg. Or Ed Harris: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000438/, or maybe someone younger. Skin tone really doesn't matter in this case; it can be whatever you need it to be.
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
This is my interpretation, but swap the concept art for admiral byrne and admiral calder.

Calder strikes me as a younger brazen attack type while admiral byrne gives me the impression of a more steely eyed 'stay the course' defense type.

Prettymuch all the others look close to how I imagined they would, particularly admiral steele.

Edit:
From FSF:
This Steele... looks more like street scum, with that cheapo T-shirt and the fierce look.

Yeah, I am imagining him fuly clothed as an admiral. Going of the description "gentlemen psychopath"  He can make you feel at ease in one moment, and frightful in the same conversation. His furious nature is kindled by his exceptional war record, yet he is tempered by his class and rank as an admiral.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 12:57:20 am by bigchunk1 »
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Calder strikes me as a younger brazen attack type while admiral byrne gives me the impression of a more steely eyed 'stay the course' defense type.

Do note that Calder is the oldest officer in the UEF. He's going on 70 by the time of WiH.
Byrne and Netreba are both younger than that; while no age is given for them, they're both in their 40s, at least outwardly. The UEF does have some fancy age-hacking tech available after all.

Yeah, I am imagining him fuly clothed as an admiral. Going of the description "gentlemen psychopath"  He can make you feel at ease in one moment, and frightful in the same conversation. His furious nature is kindled by his exceptional war record, yet he is tempered by his class and rank as an admiral.

Again, this is due to the limits of EvEs character creator. Also note that these are in no way definitive portraits.

As for myself, I imagine Steele's part is being played by Chiwetel Ejiofor.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

This. In my mind Steele is way too cold and calculating to fit a Quarhowever-his-name-is-supposed-to-be-written type character.
Avatar-colonel is more ima-badass calm & ruthless, while Steele seems to be more im-in-control calm & ruthless.

Offline Drogoth

This. In my mind Steele is way too cold and calculating to fit a Quarhowever-his-name-is-supposed-to-be-written type character.
Avatar-colonel is more ima-badass calm & ruthless, while Steele seems to be more im-in-control calm & ruthless.

His serenity in the face of combat only makes him MORE badass.
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline crizza

Hm...Calder...I imagined him to look like Sean Connery...

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!

His serenity in the face of combat only makes him MORE badass.

Maybe you're right.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.