Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3031022 times)

Re: W-H-I-Y-L - Asante Sana Squash Banana.
Expect usual suspects of Gaming Jarnulizm to try and whip up a moral panic about violent video games

When in the ever-loving **** has the gaming journalist side of the house done this? Kotaku? Polygon? Totalbiscuit? Anybody?

I remember Polygon supporting the APA report and making a bit of a fuss about it.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/06/industry-tweaks-e3-plans-out-of-respect-for-orlando-shooting-victims/

So where's the link between this incident and videogames that's supposedly casual? That's...not there.

If anything they're trying to ensure it can't be there.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Expect usual suspects of Gaming Jarnulizm to try and whip up a moral panic about violent video games

When in the ever-loving **** has the gaming journalist side of the house done this? Kotaku? Polygon? Totalbiscuit? Anybody?

I remember Polygon supporting the APA report and making a bit of a fuss about it.

A simple google reveals only this, and it's not supporting by any common definition of the word.

Seriously, again, what the ****?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:29:06 am by -Joshua- »

I saw Kurios last night and felt like a little kid. Some of the stunts were inhuman.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Pulled apart my laptop (again) only to discover the replacement power jack I bought isn't the right one.  Now I've unseated the keyboard (which required sending it in under warranty that has now expired to fix last time) for no reason, and the REAL part I need is at its cheapest $25 on ebay (compared to $4 for the wrong one).  Actually from the manufacturer it's $60.  Reminds me of when I looked for a replacement part for my microwave that was more expensive than the thing cost new.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Have new job with more money, hopefully more time to actually do things instead of a constant rush through work.

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Seven years ago tonight  I asked the most incredible girl in the world to be my wife. She said yes and after being married six and a half years I love her more than ever.
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Seven years ago tonight  I asked the most incredible girl in the world to be my wife. She said yes and after being married six and a half years I love her more than ever.

:yes:
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
*insert FOREVER ALONE here*

Nah, but really, :yes:

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Going to see THIS BAND

in 22 hours courtesy of local radio station and shooting range.

Also Alice in Chains (which frankly I'm more excited for, hope they get adequate stage time), but I don't have props for them.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Going to see THIS BAND

in 22 hours courtesy of local radio station and shooting range.

Also Alice in Chains (which frankly I'm more excited for, hope they get adequate stage time), but I don't have props for them.

Ahhhhh the Pistol Flowers.  Yep. Their number 42 hit "I just wanna wipe it on your forehead, wubba wubba wubba" always brings a tear to my eye.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Ahhhhh the Pistol Flowers.
I thought he was referring to the sex pistols?

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Ahhhhh the Pistol Flowers.
I thought he was referring to the sex pistols?
you guys

it's obviously Shiny Toy Guns
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
your (good natured) trolling can't bring me down.  I've been trying to get to various reunion/farewell tours like this for a LONG time.  Here's one name crossed off the "missed my chance to see them" list.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Assuming they actually play/show

your (good natured) trolling can't bring me down.  I've been trying to get to various reunion/farewell tours like this for a LONG time.  Here's one name crossed off the "missed my chance to see them" list.

Don't mind me, I'm just a touch jealous :P

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Assuming they actually play/show

Oh they did.  For almost 3 hours.  Which leads to the small gripe of Alice in Chains got pretty shafted on their time and setup.  About 35-40 minutes for them, and absolutely NO fanfare.  They were treated pretty much like a no-name local opener instead of a well established 2nd bill like I think they deserve.

If anyone is kinda interested but afraid of it being a sad, washed-up affair, forget that and GO.  It was so, so much better than I expected.  Axl was in great form.  With the possible exception of back at their very peak, this was the best GnR possible.  It was as if the whole embarrassing mess that was Axl Rose/GnR for the past 20 years never happened.  Except we're still 2 members short of a TRUE reunion, but the current drummer and non-slash guitarist fit perfectly naturally.  They are really part of GnR now, not some random filler.  I'm not sure why they needed a second keyboard player.  But she is pretty cute.  Maybe that's why.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 06:39:11 am by Klaustrophobia »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Picked up some loot from Perry Miniatures due to the USD/GBP exchange rate being the best its been in years.  They recently released "Hussars galloping campaign dress, wearing pelisses 1805-15" which I've been waiting for years.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
A big thank you goes out to NNSY, the navy, and more directly my bosses who utterly fail at any sort of intelligent planning or caring about people's lives for making me work every day of this holiday weekend, and therefore drive through open ticket quota season.  69 is UNDER the speed limit of most other 4 lane interstates outside of Virginia.  This is probably going to cost me close to $200 and I pray my insurance doesn't triple.