Author Topic: what is this, i don't even  (Read 13087 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: what is this, i don't even
Don't be too hard on him, the whole FSPort/FSPort_mediavps thing is...pretty sodding complicated if you don't know about how FSO handles mod directories, and still is even if you do. :doubt: (by god it was nightmare trying to get ST:R cooperating with the mediavps)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

General's instructions do NOT work. I just get a black screen when I run it through the launcher. In case of FS1, I get the opening cinematic and the pilot screen, then black screen. In FS2 I get nothing. Please provide CLEAR, STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO INSTALL EVERYTHING.

Let's start from the beginning and assume that I downloaded FreeSpaceOpenInstaller.zip. What now?

click this

I'm assuming you have a copy of FreeSpace 2 installed.

I could be wrong so please correct me if I am.  That guide references the FreeSpace open installer.  I thought that thing was broken.

EDIT: oops didn't realize this thread was already 3 pages.  Just ignore this post.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Just ignore this post.

WHAT HAS BEEN SEEN

CANNOT BE UNSEEN
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Raiden

• Vassago's Dirge fanboy
    • Ministry of Truth
I can't believe you guys helped this guy. He's gotta learn sometime you can't just ***** and moan at people to sort something out for you. Ah well, I guess he'll learn in his own time.
/logic/reason/faith/tradition/knowledge/rhythm/space/religion/
Currently Playing: Dead Space 3
Eagerly Awaiting: Titanfall
I write for god is in the tv. I blog at Ministry of Truth.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
You'll find that the eggheads running FSPort are surprisingly tolerant of trolls. fsfreak88 is probably the biggest example of a troll that was given a lot of time (i.e. 2 forum threads) to make up. He didn't, so he got what was coming.

Spoiler:
Ban + IP block. The latter is something that you just cannot circumvent with a new user. :P
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Kolgena

Um, proxy?

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Dynamically assigned addresses from an ISP?
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Geez with the OP's way of asking for help I thought I was back on the Eve-Online forums  :D

I had the same issue as the OP but for some reason being calm and polite resolved it quickly.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=71039.0
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I had the same issue as the OP but for some reason being calm and polite resolved it quickly.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=71039.0

Because we don't act like jackasses to people who aren't jackasses themselves.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline newman

Never let it be said that this isn't a tolerant forum :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb