Author Topic: "A Failure to Communicate" mission problem  (Read 2818 times)

"A Failure to Communicate" mission problem
Its been a while since I last played FS1, so I decided to play it again, but I can't get past this mission. As far as I can tell, it never ends. Twice now I've saved 2 or 3 of the escape pods and prevented the Aquilae Communications station from being destroyed but it never tells me the mission is complete. I've destroyed all the Shivan fighters and bombers so that at the end of the mission I'm simply waiting for something to happen, and nothing does. I've waited for 15 minutes and no new enemies appear. If I warp home, it tells me I left the battlefield without permission.

Anybody know what you have to do to complete the mission? Or is it just bugged?
My one and only mission (took me a year to complete): Laying Down of Arms
Mission description: Alpha wing aids in the boarding and capturing of three surrendering NTF warships.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Thats an occasional bug, normally when the hope is destroyed previously, but other than that, it seems to be comptely random... I get it approx. 5% of the times i play. Make sure you don't have te mision in your missions folder, then copy yourdata and players folders to a new location and try a re-install, then put the data nd player folders back, and it should work.
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

The Hope wasn't destroyed in the previous mission. I had a clean install of FS1 too. I tried reinstalling, but the same thing happened again. My only choice was to extract the mission using VPView then set the mission objective for defending the station to true. Now I've finally managed to progress to the next mission, after successfully completing this one 4 times! :mad:
My one and only mission (took me a year to complete): Laying Down of Arms
Mission description: Alpha wing aids in the boarding and capturing of three surrendering NTF warships.

It's irrelevent if the Hope is destroyed in the prevous mission (Last Hope?) 'cos the Pinnacle will take its place instead in this mission.
'Honour the valiant who fall beneath your sword, but pity the warrior who slays all his foes' - G'trok, in the poem lu geng

'Clarification is not to make oneself clear, it is to put oneself in the clear.' - Sir Humphrey Appleby

Why not visit the Time of Change website?

Or perhaps my own website - Telencephalon

Offline Joey_21

• http://denebsystem.cjb.net/
Originally posted by Tar-Palantir
It's irrelevent if the Hope is destroyed in the prevous mission (Last Hope?) 'cos the Pinnacle will take its place instead in this mission.

*ahem* :p