Author Topic: A thread discussing the destruction of the Capella star?  (Read 6465 times)

Re: A thread discussing the destruction of the Capella star?
If that were true there wouldn't be an entire subplot in FS2 about the GTVI aiding and abetting Bosch so that he can try to contact the Shivans.

Good grief.

Fine, then I'll be more specific: this is from the perspective of the grunts and other people who weren't privy to knowing about that.

Can you guys stop being difficult now and instead try to see what I was saying? Put yourself in the shoes of anyone who doesn't know anything except for the fact that they're aliens called "Shivans" and they are an enemy and it seems that they're unstoppable and relentless and hell bent on killing both us and the Vasudans.

Sheesh.

Here's that post again:

"Yeah, I was thinking the same thing; I've never had the impression that the Shivans are being presented as villains. They're just evil aliens, from our perspective - because they seem to want nothing else but to kill every last human and Vasudan. From the Shivans' perspective, well, who knows? Do they even HAVE a perspective? Are they cold machines ("Binary systems give me the creeps")? Or are they just like the alien in the Alien movie series?"

Notice how I said "from our perspective", and then also notice how I said "because they seem to want nothing else but to kill every last human and Vasudan". Pretending that the world of FS2 is real, this is spoken from a human's perspective in that world. I didn't think that anyone would misunderstand and think that I was trying to say, "I think they're just evil aliens who want nothing else but to kill every last human and Vasudan". That's not what I said at all.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 12:49:40 am by TwoCables »
Why do you say "as" instead of "because"?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Sorry, didn't mean to seem pedantic!

Sorry, didn't mean to seem pedantic!

Oh lol ok. Sorry about that.
Why do you say "as" instead of "because"?