Author Topic: If HLP ever closes, it could lead to WWIII  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
If HLP ever closes, it could lead to WWIII
I have a lots of new content for HLP to do. I had three game projects, one of them is a total conversion mod that's the first original FSO game since Wings of Dawn (but not anime-themed, but rather reality-based, and based on an expanded 2012 Total Recall movie universe), formerly a FSO mod that requires FS2 retail to be installed. Not to mention I have tons of models to finish, and even planning to contribute to existing projects such as the Star Wars-themed Fate of the Galaxy mod.

What the others said is true. These are aforementioned ones that helps HLP live long. I strive to contribute. I do not want to ignore each other. As Bosch said, "Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny and old wounds open all too easily."

I think there's complacency and arrogance in assuming that those factors that led to the closure of fan-made gaming discussion sites won't happen again. I think we should overcome it, but that's not all. World War III, right-wing extremism, religious fanaticism and neo-Luddite movements are the most immediate concern. These are now the possibility, as the odds on Earth are worsening, because of last year's Brexit and Donald Trump's election.

Since then, he had the FCC voted last month to repeal net neutrality rules and pulled the US out of its Paris Agreement. His decision to pull his country out of the agreement, as well as his efforts to destroy programs to fight climate change, benefits Russian President Vladimir Putin, who's no doubt a thug, a murderer, a plunderer and a bigger threat to the world than ISIS. In addition, he also empowered right-wing extremists and religious fanatics all across the world, along with Putin, especially after the annexation of Crimea in 2014. I think we need to stand against hate, as we always had compassion among the members in the past.

Worse still, I don't think we can disregard the threat of a looming third World War. As you know, 105 years ago, they were proclaiming a new age of peace and prosperity, saying that it was a golden age, war was over. And then you had the first World War, followed by the second World War and the Cold War. So, I think we need need to acknowledge that there's certainly a possibility of a third World War, and if that does occur it could be far worse than anything that's happened before. Let's say there's use on cyber warfare, in addition to conventional and nuclear. I mean, there could be terrifying growth in right-wing and religious extremism behind it. There's also a very powerful social movement that's anti-science or anti-tech. Like, I mean, does these neo-Luddites are the ones whipped by Brexit and Trump's appeal to their reduced circumstances?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: If HLP ever closes, it could lead to WWIII
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Spoon, what are you referring to?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I think there's complacency and arrogance in assuming that those factors that led to the closure of fan-made gaming discussion sites won't happen again. I think we should overcome it, but that's not all. World War III, right-wing extremism, religious fanaticism and neo-Luddite movements are the most immediate concern. These are now the possibility, as the odds on Earth are worsening, because of last year's Brexit and Donald Trump's election.

Since then, he had the FCC voted last month to repeal net neutrality rules and pulled the US out of its Paris Agreement. His decision to pull his country out of the agreement, as well as his efforts to destroy programs to fight climate change, benefits Russian President Vladimir Putin, who's no doubt a thug, a murderer, a plunderer and a bigger threat to the world than ISIS. In addition, he also empowered right-wing extremists and religious fanatics all across the world, along with Putin, especially after the annexation of Crimea in 2014. I think we need to stand against hate, as we always had compassion among the members in the past.

Worse still, I don't think we can disregard the threat of a looming third World War. As you know, 105 years ago, they were proclaiming a new age of peace and prosperity, saying that it was a golden age, war was over. And then you had the first World War, followed by the second World War and the Cold War. So, I think we need need to acknowledge that there's certainly a possibility of a third World War, and if that does occur it could be far worse than anything that's happened before. Let's say there's use on cyber warfare, in addition to conventional and nuclear. I mean, there could be terrifying growth in right-wing and religious extremism behind it. There's also a very powerful social movement that's anti-science or anti-tech. Like, I mean, does these neo-Luddites are the ones whipped by Brexit and Trump's appeal to their reduced circumstances?

Sorry for lack of any suble irony this time.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
So... :wtf: You mean that some anti-technology cultists are going to hack the HLP servers with axe(m)s until they die, or that we're going to witness Putin himself riding a nuclear warhead showing up on HLP and blowing it up? :wtf:
Where do people like him even come from?

On the topic: I don't see any reasons for Freespace's fan/player base shrinking or growing rapidly for some time. But everything seems positive, FSO engine is only getting better, there are more and more better campaigns... There's a remake of FS1 going on, which is a great idea to expand the community, because right now it's just "Yo man, you could try out Freespace, it's a great game! Yes, FS1 is poor in terms of quality but cheer up! Only 30 more missions and you can play something polished, the ST:R!"...
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam

(Imagine that this knob is turned fully clockwise)

Bryan, are you ok?  I have seen what anxiety does to people. So I have seen the rabbit hole you are going down before, and it is not a fun one.

here are ways to get your mind off things: Walk in place (or outside), play puzzle games, focus on improving modding skills, exercise, just move around and do what makes you happy.

If you want to make a difference in the world with your. . words, try supporting the people who can make a difference.

By saying that stuff here at HLP at worst you are shouting at a cement wall, at best you are incoherently preaching to a choir.

EDIT Grammar.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 05:06:07 pm by DefCynodont119 »
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Bryan See, please refrain from posting your epileptic tree theories alongside your thoughts on FreeSpace.