Author Topic: FPS Issue  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Madrox

• Because destroying shivans ins´t enough...
    • My DeviantArt
My system specs:

Windows 7
AMD Phenom X4 820 - 2.8 GHz
6gb of RAm (with 2 gb aprox. of memory share with my videocard)
Integrated videocard Nvidia 6150SE Nforce 430

Yes, i know isn´t a great computer, but it runs the vast majority of games i want to play.
I think the problem its the force 1024x768 minimum resolution, i run retail (no mediafvps) in 1024x768 with  max graphic with good fps rates ( 30-40 fps), when i run the mods i have to put on minimum graphics to run on almost good fps (15-30 fps) in 1024x768, then i normally put on 800x600 to run on normal fps rates. I have some problems with some more graphic-heavy mods like Dimesional Eclipse but it run nciely too. but how i said, in Diaspora, even at the lowest graphics, i got 5-10 fps rates, wich is below averange, i dont know exacly why, but im certain that if i could put on 800x600 i would have a good rate of fps.

I know too that the game is suposed to play on 1024x768, but i dont care if i have to see the old plain FS2 menus if i can play the game itself, wich is for me, the main reason to play.

thanks.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
The game will not run below 1024x768, as in, it will crash if the resolution is below that. Try adding -res 800x600 to the launcher's custom flags (advanced settings tab) and see what happens.

The interface artwork (mainhall, mission loading screens, callsign menu screen, etc) are all high-res (1024x768) with no low-res (640x480) versions. AFAIK there is no way to access the retail interface artwork.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
My system specs:

Windows 7

Yes, i know isn´t a great computer, but it runs the vast majority of games i want to play.
I think the problem its the force 1024x768 minimum resolution, i run retail (no mediafvps) in 1024x768 with  max graphic with good fps rates ( 30-40 fps)...

:wtf:

30-40 fps in retail?
Apart from suggesting to get a new rig, there's not much i can say.

I'll assume, you closed all unneeded Tasks that run in the background during gameplay like IMs, Browser, aso?
Temporarly shutting down the AV may also result in a tiny boost.
You could also disable Spec and normalmaps, which brought me 2-4 fps on a similar system.

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
My system specs:

Windows 7

I think the problem its the force 1024x768 minimum resolution, i run retail (no mediafvps) in 1024x768 with  max graphic with good fps rates ( 30-40 fps)...

:wtf:

30-40 fps in retail?
Apart from suggesting to get a new rig, there's not much i can say.

I'll assume, you closed all unneeded Tasks that run in the background during gameplay like IMs, Browser, aso?
Temporarly shutting down the AV may also result in a tiny boost.
You could also disable Spec and normalmaps, which brought me 2-4 fps on a similar system.

I cannot buy a new videocard so soon, i still a student a receive little even to eat at my university, i payed this computer 6 months ago in 12 times pay. i really can´t buy anything right now, there should be a way to play this at more nicer fps rates. D:

I closed all unnesesary tasks, did manything, even tried at 16bits.
Nothing. i got a max of 12 fps. D:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Your video card is not powerful enough to run this game. Sorry. I'm pretty sure that's all there is to it.

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
Damn.
So there is something at Diaspora thatmakes it the only mod i can´t play propely in the entire FS2 community?
Im sad.
D:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Both the detail level of the models and the complexity of the mission space significantly outstrip other mods.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Admiral Cainttuta is right, but i'd like to add that most likely the weapons ( the number of shots fired ) bog down your system to unplayable fps, not so much the models themself.