Author Topic: Confusing, DIFFERENT joystick issue...  (Read 1633 times)

Confusing, DIFFERENT joystick issue...
Hey there.

Finally got my logitech G-13 gameboard and Extreme 3D Pro joystick today, and spent the last hour popping around in the tutorial levels assigning keys. Got them all set up and working fine, so I tested them in the first actual mission. Controlled like a dream!

But then came Mission 2... Where the Theseus assaults the Basestar. The controls still function, but for some weird reason, when I twist the stick to the left on the rX axis to bank, it changes my target to a friendly ALONG with banking. Cycles through enemies when I twist the stick to the right.
 I checked through all of my key bindings, even going so far as to delete and re-assign every single one, but no dice. I immediately went through the first mission and tutorial levels again to see if it did it there, but no, it works PERFECTLY. I only seem to get this issue when I play that second mission.

I am completely at a loss for what's wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:34:22 pm by CheddahSlingah »

Re: Confusing, DIFFERENT joystick issue...
By the way, I should point out that turning the sticks cycles through targets with EVERY twist, not just once or twice. This makes it very difficult, if not impossible, to keep track of enemies when performing evasive maneuvers.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 06:54:05 pm by CheddahSlingah »

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Re: Confusing, DIFFERENT joystick issue...
Did you ever solve this?

If not, I assume that this stick/system comes with a profiler?  How is this profiler setup?
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments