Author Topic: Brightness Issues  (Read 1631 times)

Hi everyone, I have a very annoying problem that frequently occurs when playing the game. When I start the game everything appears very dark, even though I set the brightness up high enough during the game before. The value displayed on the slider is correct (I set it to 1,10), but it's way darker. Moving the slider sets the correct brightness though. However, after some time of playing (sometimes only a few minutes, sometimes half an hour) the game sort of "alt-tabs" (I don't know how else to put it) for a brief moment, then returns to the game screen. At that point the game appears very dark again, and I have to reposition the slider again.

I hope that sounds as understandable to you as it sounded in my head. Any advise would be highly appreciated.

Offline JCQ

• life is hard
    • FREESPACE GAMPLAY VIDS
try playing in fullscreen windowed mode and adjusting the brightness from your monitor directly

I tried that, and at first it seemed to work, but then I got the alt-tab again.

Offline Darius

In the launcher, try Disable Setting of Gamma under the Troubleshoot section (Advanced Settings).

also attempted that, unfortunately that results in the game starting rather dark in the first place.

btw, in case it helps, my system stats are as follows:

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7  @ 2.00GHz
8,00 GB RAM
GeForce GT 555M
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 07:58:36 am by gilgermesch »

Offline newman

Is that a laptop? Could be some of the manufacturer's software interfering, trying to save power by dinming the screen. Would be a good idea to check if you have the latest gfx drivers installed.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

yeah, it's a laptop. I updated all my drivers yesterday and gave it a try, I still get the alt-tabbing. the image also darkens if I alt tab out of the game manually and then go back in. and by darken I do not mean screen dimming, but an actual lower gamma value, as though the slider had moved (which it didn't).