Author Topic: no Rx or Ry axis ingame *FIXED*  (Read 2261 times)

no Rx or Ry axis ingame *FIXED*
First off this is one dead sexy, FREE game true to its BSG origins :)

However...
One frustrating little bug I'm trying to find a fix for. The launcher recognises my stick no worries (thrust master t-flight HOTAS X), the in game options recognise mapping Ry and have Rx already as the default roll axis BUT inflight it has no effect. I can set roll to any other axis fine. However NOTHING AT ALL works on either Rx or Ry. What gives?
The key bindings in options say it exists. Tried with other games such as HAWX and more notably WC: Saga (built from the same FS2 engine) and it works fine so its not a busted stick.
Any clues? Its just my gaming area as it is now makes it awkward to reach for the keyboard >_<
As you can imagine maneuvers are a bit limited, and last-second combat landings are a *****.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:18:20 am by jjeffries87 »

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Re: no Rx or Ry axis ingame
The engine can only use up to one game controller at a time, and your HOTAS is two controllers (stick + throttle).

Here's a solution.

Re: no Rx or Ry axis ingame
Thanks for the speedy response jg18 :)
Gonna give your fix a shot now and let you know how it goes. Still I find it odd that it's an issue with the engine handling two controllers.
If the stick and the throttle are indeed two sepperate controllers why is it only the rocker on the throttle that doesn't function?
All the buttons on the stick and on the throttle work, and the throttle itself works straight up in the engine.
Never had an issue with 'classic' FS2 or in WC:Saga - perhaps worth looking into subtle differences in mods?

Sorry just venting/concerned of a possible bug. Will let you know if this fix works.

*EDIT* Tried out the multiple controller fix. Sorry to say but it's more frakked up then before. And that link? 3 Trojans detected - sure that wasn't the actual CNP Baltar invented?  :p
Going to try a few more things, will update if anything works.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:03:37 am by jjeffries87 »

Re: no Rx or Ry axis ingame *FIXED*
Ok woohoo finally fixed the problem after much head banging against the wall and later face-palming....
--HOW TO GET YOUR T.FLIGHT HOTAS X RUDDER FUNCTIONAL IN-GAME--
It's amazingly, stupidly simple. Diaspora wont recognise the stick correctly when it's in its default 5-axis mode (the green light on the base between throttle and stick in laymans terms.)
To get it to run correctly - for a functional rudder and throttle without manually setting them up in options - push said green light button to change it to red, which is now 4-axis mode. Viola!
Still no idea why some games are fine, others crap themselves in 5-axis but, well, it works.
Stupid nugget mistake. Now in the finest of military traditions I submit my fix, and shall self administer 3 swift uppercuts to the jaw for being the cause of the error in the first place.  :lol: