Author Topic: FRED's opening three instances of itself and won't start?  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
FRED's opening three instances of itself and won't start?

The debug build behaves in the same fashion. I can't kill these processes without a restart.

inb4 virus lolz

EDIT: Yes I know I wrote four instead of three.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline m!m

Re: FRED's opening three instances of itself and won't start?
I can't kill these processes without a restart.
:wtf: That is ... strange. Killing a process is something the OS does without asking the killed process.

Can someone reproduce this with a debugger attached?

Offline pSimon

Are you using Avast anti-virus?

Just saw the same thing with fs2_open_3_7_3_SSE2_20151121_71cf169.exe - 3 copies in memory, about 100k memory used and impossible to kill.

Turning Avast off seemed to fix it.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Are you using Avast anti-virus?

Just saw the same thing with fs2_open_3_7_3_SSE2_20151121_71cf169.exe - 3 copies in memory, about 100k memory used and impossible to kill.

Turning Avast off seemed to fix it.

Wow, forgot about this for a while. So... yeah. Disabling the file system protection on Avast allows me to start FRED normally.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline pSimon

Glad it helped.

Latest version of Avast *seems* ok, tho.