Author Topic: What happened to these cool features from retail?  (Read 10535 times)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Re: What happened to these cool features from retail?
So commercial games don't do layered post-processing? How cool it would be if FSO had a graphic feature no other game has?

Very very cool!! So when are you going to implement this, iVoid? Can't wait!

Oh come on, he wasn't demanding they implement anything. He just misunderstood The E and was getting excited about SCP. :rolleyes:

There are totally times when such sarcasm is warranted, but this wasn't one of them.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Luis Dias

Yeah, you're right. My bad.

Offline iVoid

These forums seem to be pretty friendly most of the times, I don't see a lot of flamers or trolls here, but I guess people are just people... There is always some poison to spit, and if not in the open then it's underneath the surface, hidden on things like sarcasm.

I don't code for a living, I only had 3 curricular units about programming on college and have an interest on the subject. Trying to contribute to FSO and playing around with shaders is something that I thought would be fun to do while learning a bit more about coding. I don't know that much and you won't ever see me acting like a bigshot. I might contribute with something someday IF I ever feel like it, I don't need to prove nothing.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Wait, you've got coding experience? SCP could always use a coder, especially a graphics-oriented one. Great rewards and respect await those who dare to delve into arcane depths of FSO codebase and perform their coding rites in there. :)

Offline iVoid

Sorry, I'm portuguese and english isn't my native language so I'm not sure if I explained myself correctly. I don't have professional experience in programming, when I said "curricular units" I was unsure about the right word to use, I think the right word is "subjects", as part of my college course.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Perhaps you misunderstand his response. :)  We don't require SCP members to have professional programming experience.  In fact, most members of the SCP joined without (or before) any professional experience.  Just amateur experience is sufficient.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
More importantly, you don't need to be a SCP member to access the code, and although only SCP members have commit access, you can very well do a code patch on your side from the publicly available trunk and then ask for SCP members to review it and, if it is good, commit it.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grĂ¢ce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline iVoid

Awesome! I don't mean to hijack the thread so I'll just stop by the IIRC channel sometime.