Author Topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi 2nd trailer  (Read 7203 times)

Offline Luis Dias

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi 2nd trailer
That's all fine, except you also did accuse others of "bias" and liking "incoherent" plots and so on and I guess that rustled their feathers. It would irritate me as well.

I'm personally getting more and more tired of this "franchise". It can go some ways, all bad. One, they can try to create more stories that "glue" everything together in a "coherent" way, but given the baggage of bull**** that has been accrued for all these decades, more things like midichlorians become almost inevitable, turning the entire thing into ****stain after ****stain. Two, they can try to just ignore everything, ala JJ, which makes the whole SW universe into a charade, lacking any sense of limitations and coherence, everything becomes just what the plot demands it to be, instead of being governed by a set of rules clearly established beforehand, with sharp and clear concepts (so, for instance, the opposite of having a 30 year old armed force protecting your republic being called "The Resistance"). It may well be "emotionally" rollercoasty, but after the rush and the climax, you kinda realise that's not the girl you really wanted to make love to and you feel slightly ashamed and bad about it.

Three, they can try and continue what they did 40 (THAT'S FORTY) years ago with the least amount of changes so that everyone keeps being happy, both the most emotional part of our brains and the coherent logical inquisitor that rests in the other part of our brains. It will also break no new grounds whatsoever and just be what it was already, the exact same movies that we had already seen 40 (THAT'S FORTY) years ago.

Needless to say, TFA and Rogue both did (differently) a combination of all three of these, and failed pretty much at being culturally interesting.

But they did well money wise. And there are lots of Star Wars lego. Which is very cool. Very very cool. Pretty cool. So that's what matters.

Offline technopredator

• Does not compute
  • Don't get mad, consequences are revenging you.
I know but I justified my claims enough for them to have content, they say no it's all good, OK we agree to disagree.
Somthing that might help you see what I mean and understand you fan bias:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:25:09 pm by technopredator »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
technopredator, do you seriously not realize how irritating (and poor debate form) it is to walk into a thread, claim something without providing any evidence, then declare that people asking for evidence is proof that they're biased and that you don't need to provide evidence because of that bias?

Because that's really irritating, and basically the definition of arguing in bad faith.

Offline technopredator

• Does not compute
It's not the claiming, it's the accusation I made saying they didn't saw the flaws, movies have flaws, that you don't see it, doesn't mean you're immune to the accusation of not seeing them, and I provided anyway a honest trailer video, but you still want me to give my thoughts on it, well tough, I don't care what you or anyone else here wants it, you won't get it, insisting for the 4th time after I gave you some input, that's really irritating, go read all the posts I made before posting, how about that? stop being crybabies about it

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yes, essentially all movies have flaws.  What a shocking revelation.  However, you've made absolutely no case that this particular movie's flaws are a notable detriment to its overall quality, instead accusing us of "not seeing them."  What exactly were you hoping to achieve here?

Offline Luis Dias

Guys could you knock it off? I don't even understand what you're trying to achieve either, Mongoose? He didn't like it and probably sees the flaws in it in a way that is fatal to the enjoyment of the movie, you clearly don't?

Offline technopredator

• Does not compute
Yes, essentially all movies have flaws.  What a shocking revelation.  However, you've made absolutely no case that this particular movie's flaws are a notable detriment to its overall quality, instead accusing us of "not seeing them."  What exactly were you hoping to achieve here?
Read my previous posts, I'm not going to repeat myself, I'm off this thread, too many dramma queens that cannot be accused of not seeing flaws, they see everything, they're perfect, pfffff please

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
Accuses others of melodrama -> ragequits.

I guess that's one way of winning a debate. Now I'll never know why I'm so biased. :(

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
 :rolleyes:

This isn't what GD is supposed to be...........the great founders will not sleep well this night.

We should all think very hard about what happened here and strive to better ourselves lest it come to pass again in the generations to come.

:nono:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Okay, I guess the politics subforum needs to be expanded to include politics, religion, and sci-fi franchises.  Then, Gen Disc will be properly detoxified.

Offline Luis Dias

tbf, star wars should count as a religion itself.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Then, Gen Disc will be properly detoxified.

:wakka:
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]