Author Topic: GTM Hippocrates WIP  (Read 81206 times)

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Sitting at just a little over 8000 pollys right now.
Suggestions, thoughts?

By brotherbryon at 2008-10-31

Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Nice :yes:
I like what you did with the connecting spars.
Kinda looks (more) like the Nebulon-B frigate now.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
For the most part, it's really really nice! The big vertical brace on the front, though, needs an overhaul.

I'd suggest making the edges of that section open girders with cross-bracing, then having elevator tubes, ducts, and other mechanical paraphernalia inside. Sorta like I did with the Faustus, where the head joins the neck.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Sweet jimminy cricket, that is hot.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I'm speechless.

So I'll tell you that it's very good.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Would you mind telling me how the hell you get the edges flat like that in sketchup, so I can do my HTL Shaitan?  :rolleyes:

Well done. It's beautiful. Architecturally marvelous. kudos also on choosing what may be considered a minor ship to upgrade. Most persons would have chosen the ship with the biggest guns or their favorite fighter. Could you post the others you have done? I would love to see them.
However I do have one thought, and correct me if I am wrong. But from  practical point of view. A medical base or camp in times or war never has enough beds or supplies. Especially if the battle is is going bad. But there is only so much you can prepare for. With that in mind. Would it be possible to upgrade a transport ship to perform dual functions. To transport goods and personnel under normal circumstances, but can docked with the GTM Hippocrates, cleared out, beds be placed in and make an extra ward.
No one likes hospitals. So this kind of talk would scare most people. But it is something you have to do in  times of war.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Would it be possible to upgrade a transport ship to perform dual functions. To transport goods and personnel under normal circumstances, but can docked with the GTM Hippocrates, cleared out, beds be placed in and make an extra ward.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
For some reason I find that rather comical.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Droid803

There's also the Medical Faustus for medial research, and the Medical Chronos for carrying medicines and liver transplants.
(´・ω・`)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I think they can probably grow new livers in 2364

Offline Droid803

I was talking about 2335 - they don't use Chronos anymore in 2367.
And the liver was meant as a joke.
(´・ω・`)

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
For the most part, it's really really nice! The big vertical brace on the front, though, needs an overhaul.

I'd suggest making the edges of that section open girders with cross-bracing, then having elevator tubes, ducts, and other mechanical paraphernalia inside. Sorta like I did with the Faustus, where the head joins the neck.

I like that idea, I'll play around with it and see what I can come up with. That part of the ship was bugging me a bit.

@Hellstryker, What do you mean exactly about the edges. I've been playing around with sketch up for well over a year now and If I have some how stumbled across something that can be helpful to you I'll gladly share it.

@Capt Thunder, I really haven't done all that much game wise, this and the Poseidon are the only ones so far and neither one of them is near completion.  I still need help from a texture artist and some one experienced at moving models from development to game. I've posted a few other models while learning how to use sketch up in the fan fiction and art boards. I sadly lost most of those when I lost the drive they were on a few months back.

Seriously begins to think that Goober knows about everything that pertains to Freespace, even things nobody would have thought of before.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 02:30:28 am by BrotherBryon »
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I was talking about 2335 - they don't use Chronos anymore in 2367.
And the liver was meant as a joke.

They're used in training modules as "Advanced Amazons", though.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
They're used in training modules as "Advanced Amazons", though.
Advanced Amazons were also included in FS1.

The only difference is they have no turret and have a slightly different skin...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I don't understand why they're called "Advanced Amazons", though. They should have been better fighter drones or something.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I don't understand why they're called "Advanced Amazons", though. They should have been better fighter drones or something.
*shrug*

We're off-topic anyway.

Which is better, this Hippo or Axem's?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Link to Axem's?

I fail to understand while people create alternate versions of the same HTL models while MANY retail ships remain low-poly... :blah:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
@Hellstryker, What do you mean exactly about the edges. I've been playing around with sketch up for well over a year now and If I have some how stumbled across something that can be helpful to you I'll gladly share it.

All those little lines that look like simple triangulation are actually holding the model together  :rolleyes:

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Great job overall :)

Only thing that bugs me is the upper neck... I'm not enjoying it being cylindrical. Other than that, its all in the right track IMO
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.