Author Topic: Just Another Day Development Blog  (Read 234846 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Just Another Day Development Blog
Holley must be getting restless. I can already see her ranting whenever Axem touches an old mission file.

el hombre vicio...

Offline QueenHolley

• Queen of FreeSpace
You're telling me! No wonder nothing gets done, its just the same 5 missions he keeps working on. I mean look at this one item on his to fix list...

* Fix Epsilon 1's Headanis so they appear again

Axem, that did not need fixing. You're just George Lucasing the mod!

Offline Darius

Do JAD Reboot, delete FreeSpace references, create JADverse™.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
You're telling me! No wonder nothing gets done, its just the same 5 missions he keeps working on. I mean look at this one item on his to fix list...

DELTA 1 SHOT FIRST
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline QueenHolley

• Queen of FreeSpace

DELTA 1 EPSILON 1 SHOT FIRST

Now I have all the proof I need to put him away for ever...

Thanks!

Offline Axem

My latest area of improvement at the moment is the xtreme JAD:XA. For one I fixed that annoying bug in the endless gauntlet where enemies don't start spawning again during the credits. (Huzzah huzzah)

But I also cleaned up the Arcade Hub a bit. Before you entered a challenge by targetting a special ship and then a prompt box would appear and you chose if you wanted to go in or not. As well the high scores would appear there and in a training message. But it could be done... better...

And thus with the magic of render to texture and a specially made 18 "character" font, I made it so the high scores actually get printed on giant billboards. Also you fly into the billboards to go to the missions now (maybe I have been playing Super Mario 64, so what??)

And I continued the billboard idea to the rest of the information giving in the arcade hub. Now its a lot easier to compare the stats of the Ezechiel and the Rhea and future fighters that will get added later.

What will Axem do with this knowledge of render to texture? Only pure evil, one would expect.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Looks awesome! :)

ps just needs some anti-aliasing on those lines :warp:

What will Axem do with this knowledge of render to texture? Only pure evil, one would expect.

Naturally, but I for one look forward to it!  :D
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Boyos

• Steam
The improvements to the arcade hub look pretty great, I like the Ares's billboard in particular.

Now its a lot easier to compare the stats of the Ezechiel and the Rhea and future fighters that will get added later.

I'm interested to see what those future fighters end up being.

Offline Axem

Today in world class bug problem solving:

Quote from: SVN Rev 505 Note
Buffed Ramsay's Health because I'm too lazy to figure out why beams are doing max damage to him

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Axem

While I take forever in trying to get everything ready for JAD2.21's re-re-rerelease, here's the full first episode for your previewing consumption!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWg9yLI-RerdqZpQn95KzRLvBd_qOe5xf

I'm just waiting on one more asset to be finished up by mjn and then it's just a few other tweaks here and there... Maybe in a week or two? Hopefully nightlies will still be stable by then!

And then it's onward to finish JAD2.22!

Offline Misuzu Stella

• I like to lampshade things
I received insider information that JAD2.22 will contain hats of sort.

Make of that what you will.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
HAX
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Axem

We're really hoping that Hats 4.0 will be ready to go in the next alpha, 6.88. This will include completely procedural generated hats, as well as real time aging and wear and tear. You will be able to go through JAD for 500 hours and not see the same hat twice. You'll be able to trade hats with friends and maybe even meet in the very same hat shop that you discovered and named.

Did I mention crafting? You'll be able to craft your own hats as well. That'll be coming with the crafting 9.7 due for Alpha 20.37.

Hopefully JAD2.22 will be ready in time for Alpha 99.Kiwii.Zorgatrope.

See you in the 'vorse! o9

Offline Axem

Okay so obviously things got pushed back a bit. But now I guess JAD2.21 super deluxe remastered will release with JAD2.22 in, let's say 2034 +/- 17 years. (Just covering my bases)

But the delays were not for naught. I totally revamped all the weapons so they are actually fun and exciting. I'll try and remember to post some videos. There's the plain stuff like the Prometheus S2 or Maxim X, but also new stuff like the rapid firing Flak Cannon, Berserk-enhancing Prometheus X, untargetted heatseeking Hanabi (replacing the Rockeye) and the battering ram like MegaDoom torpedo (replaces the bombs). And a bunch of other silly weapons such as the Meme Mine.

I'll try to get some videos showing off these weapons. They're really neat!

So there's that to look forward to!

Anyone been trying out nightly builds? JAD's going to need them, since we're always on the cutting edge of technology and good taste.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Can confirm the weapons are 100% neat.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I should go have a play with the new weapons to confirm they're 100% neat (they certainly ~sound~ 100% neat!)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Axem

Here's a video since I know you guys like video instead of boring wurds.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The maxim looks quite OP.

I like that.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Axem

Looking OP is the name of the game. :)

Offline Thisisaverylongusername

• This is fine.
Finally, a weapon Terran Frakking Command can be satisfied with.
If the opposite of pro is con, then is the opposite of progress Congress?