Author Topic: Colossus Construction Drone [RELEASE]  (Read 17601 times)

Offline Kon

• KonQuesting on Twitch
Re: RELEASE: Colossus Construction Drone
Great job! I'm really looking forward to seeing someone use these ingame! :yes:

Offline Luis Dias

Gonna guess a mission in BTA where we finally see the collossus being built... and alpha 1 must protect its secrecy from any incoming public disclosure threat....

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Damn, I haven't written such a lengthy post on the Facebook wall since goodness knows when. :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Luis Dias

Damn, I haven't written such a lengthy post on the Facebook wall since goodness knows when. :D

Did you wrote it with the construction drone?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Here's another test mission to show a better way to set the drone to fly waypoints and fire it's welding gun. It's MUCH more reliable than the example mission in the original download.

EDIT: This one's better.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:29:47 pm by mjn.mixael »
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
What'd you write?

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
What'd you write?

mjn.mixael has released the GTDr Phidias, a vessel based on the unnamed drone seen during the Colossus cutscene. This ship features a special beam cannon that is supposed to replicate the "welding torch" used by the original drone in the cutscene. The Phidias comes with unused submodel animations. In addition, mjn.mixael has also released a re-skin of the Terran Probe from FSPort, featuring a repair weapon.

The Colossus cutscene, for the forgetful or ignorant, may be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX6bzq3M4M4.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Here's a video of the drone in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEPW24fZTo4

Right now we have two options with the repair beam... Type 3 which allows it to aim wherever and sometimes causes it to aim far away on the target. (Using fire-beam to force fire or it doesn't really actually fire the beam all that often.) Or, Type 4, which forces it to fire down the turret normal.. but on these girders.. it misses more often than anything else that way.  :(

I'm hoping someone can get the multiparts working because then we can use type 4 and it will still be able to aim slightly.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
If the FS RTS ever becomes a stable, working, stand-alone mod, I really want to see these in it. :D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
If the FS RTS ever becomes a stable, working, stand-alone mod, I really want to see these in it. :D
Me too.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Construction bases will be so much cooler with these things flying around.

This. :D
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Colossus Construction Drone [RELEASE]
Sorry for the necro...

But has anyone made a version of the Phidias with a docking port, so it can look like it is picking stuff up? - I want to use them as an alternative to the Centaur for the recovery of lifepods and damaged fighters...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I haven't, but that should be trivial for you to add in the POF.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I haven't, but that should be trivial for you to add in the POF.

I know, just wanted to be sure

FYI, I added to 2 docking points: one for the aforementioned pick-up simulation (0.00;0.05/-0.05;7.75) and one for mounting it on somehting (0.0;-0.8;-5.8/-5.7) - the required paths were of course autogenerated
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:34:24 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."