Author Topic: Logitech Dual Action (PSX2-a-like) controller - Right hand stick not recognized.  (Read 6341 times)

Logitech Dual Action (PSX2-a-like) controller - Right hand stick not recognized.
RE: Logitech Dual Action (PSX2-a-like) controller - Right hand stick not recognized.

Almost "works", as in the left analog stick and all 12 buttons are acknowledged by Diaspora but the right stick is not recognized or configurable within the options as far as I can tell.

Without the Right hand stick the numberpad is the only choice available for pitch/Roll etc, making it impractical to use the controller at all.

I have tried vibmod 3.0 in various set ups but with no joy.
XPadder most likely could be used but the precision from analogue input is preferable for pitch & roll.

Is there a fix or will Diaspora support plug n play of popular controllers?

Even if its 'only' Xbox360 controller support that will suffice as there are adequate quick fixes for the Logitech controllers using Vib mod - found here http://rumblepad2.blogspot.co.uk/ -  to utilize the xbox360 input. direct x.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Re: Logitech Dual Action (PSX2-a-like) controller - Right hand stick not recognized.
I believe the SCP team are working on better control interfaces to come in future releases however you could try PPjoy. If that still works?
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Re: Logitech Dual Action (PSX2-a-like) controller - Right hand stick not recognized.
Thats great to know, will look forward to future updates in the meantime I well test out PPJoy.

Thanks.

Also check out Logitech's software, if you're on windows at least.  I know for the joysticks you can create game profiles and then map keys/binding in their game control software outside of Diaspora similar to PPjoy. 

Seems a few people have had good results with Logitech Gaming Software 5.10

found here http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/game-gear

Its is compatable with all the devices below.

Logitech Gaming Software 5.10

Retail Name    VID_PID
Action Pad    C20B
Attack 2    C20D
Attack 3 Joystick    C214
Cordless Rumblepad 2    C219
Driving Force    C294
Driving Force EX    C294
Driving Force GT    C29A
Driving Force Pro    C298
Driving Force RX    C294
Dual Action Gamepad    C216
Extreme 3D Pro    C215
Extreme Digital 3D    C207
Extreme Digital 3D 2    C212
Flight System G940    C287
Force 3D    C283
Force 3D Pro    C286
Formula Force EX    C294
Formula Force GP    C293
Formula GP    C20E
Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick    C213
Gamepad F310    C21B (D mode only)
Gamepad F510    C218 (D mode only)
Gamepad F710    C219 (D mode only)
G25 Racing Wheel    C299
G27 Racing Wheel    C29B
MOMO Force    C295
MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel    CA03
NASCAR Racing Wheel    CA04
Precision Gamepad 2    C21A
Precision USB Gamepad    C20C
Rumblepad    C20A
Rumblepad 2    C218
Strike Force 3D    C285
WingMan Cordless Gamepad    C211
WingMan Formula Yellow    C202
WingMan Gamepad    C209
WingMan Gamepad Extreme    C208

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I had one of these not too long ago, and it worked perfectly with Logitech's software. How do you have yours set up in your Game Controllers panel, and if your using Logitech's drivers, could you take a screenshot of your configuration for it?
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

I had one of these not too long ago, and it worked perfectly with Logitech's software. How do you have yours set up in your Game Controllers panel, and if your using Logitech's drivers, could you take a screenshot of your configuration for it?

Sorry I'm at a loss on how to get this working.

I've installed the above mentioned Logitech Driver tool as well as added vibmod xbox emulator  (here http://rumblepad2.blogspot.co.uk/ ) and still no joy.  :banghead:
Its a pain in the a55 as the game, without a controller or joystick, is as good as unplayable  :doubt: for enjoyment purposes at least :shaking: .
I'd have hoped :nervous: for some input from dev's but as there has been little to no info of fixes etc I'm most likely going to use a lot of smileys then uninstal  :eek2: in a week or so,  :hopping: maybe i'll check back next year.   :(
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 01:19:08 pm by AuralVirus »

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Dude, chill out. Get a print-screen of your Game Controller's configuration, one of the Windows (or Linux or OSX) configuration utility that shows the button and axis position states and one of Logitech's configuration/mapping software. Attach the print screens to a post here as a .jpg, .jpeg, or .png, or a .gif (we don't need a copy in all the formats, just 1 will do).

We can't really help you if we don't know what's going on at your end. If you don't know what a print-screen or a screen shot is, then I should direct you to do a Google search on both of them. This also may be a good time to grab a simple photo editing software that'll allow you to crop to the important bits of the image, namely the just the windows themselves and not your entire desktop.
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Help, I'm in the same boat.. Cannot use one of the controls.

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam

Same response as before, please get us a screenshot of your game controller's configuration screen so we can see what controls are available.
chief1983

------------

Same response as before, please get us a screenshot of your game controller's configuration screen so we can see what controls are available.
Awesome. Will do so tonight.

Configuration screen attached

[attachment deleted by nobody]

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Alright, looks like a standard issue controller. Which control is not working for you?
chief1983

------------

Ah, it is working. I didn't go through far enough in training. I wasn't aware that each of the controls would activate one at a time.

For anyone having issues with multiple controllers or axis not working in Diaspora (Or any other older game for that matter)  I have had GREAT success using vJoy (which replaced ppjoy) and UJR (Universal Joystick Remapper)

Both are freeware and available from here:

http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/

Offline z64555

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Ah, it is working. I didn't go through far enough in training. I wasn't aware that each of the controls would activate one at a time.

Heh. Glad it was that simple.  :yes:
chief1983

------------