Author Topic: Diaspora Mission Designer  (Read 9080 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Diaspora Mission Designer
To be honest, I have no idea what is causing your issue. It seems to be something related to your system but I have no idea what it could possibly be.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I remember in a previous post you told me to disable the post processing in the advanced settings however I looked in the troubleshooting section and I didn't see it there all I saw was a button to Enable post processing but not to disable it.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You want to disable shaders and make sure post processing is disabled. I guess I didn't make that clear.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
all I saw was a button to Enable post processing but not to disable it.

That line in the feature list has a checkbox next to it. Unchecking it will disable postprocessing.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

I looked In the advanced settings and I didn't see the disable post processing option does the fact that I have windows 7 with intel processor have anything to do with it?

Offline newman

I looked In the advanced settings and I didn't see the disable post processing option does the fact that I have windows 7 with intel processor have anything to do with it?

No, but read what The_E told you again. Under "Advanced Settings", there is a checkbox that says "Enable post processing". If the box is checked, post processing is enabled. If it isn't, it's disabled, so what you want to do is make sure the checkbox next to "enable post processing" is unchecked. You are not looking for a separate option called "disable post processing", there isn't one.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I did a troubleshoot of tha program and I got a message saying the Aplication is incompatible with  windows. how do i make mission designer comatible with my OS?

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline newman

Yea, ignore that, the message is pretty much wrong. It works on Windows just fine. Did you try to uncheck "enable post processing"?
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Yes I unchecked enable post processing and I disabled all shaders.  But every time I try to open the saved file in Fred It keeps  crashing and I get that same message saying Fred_2 open has stopped working and has to close. This started happening once I added the four heavy raiders the mission.

Offline newman

I can also open your mission file just fine. This is somewhat bizzare. Not that it's likely to help, but what are your system specs and exact Windows version?

here are my specs for my computer: My Operating system is Windows 7

OpenGL Vendor    : Intel
  OpenGL Renderer  : Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
  OpenGL Version   : 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.1883

Offline newman

That tells us that you have an Intel graphics card, which isn't really supported (but people did get the game to run with it by disabling shaders - FRED crashing is a new one, though). It doesn't tell us the amount of RAM and CPU, though that's probably not that relevant right now. That's a laptop, right?

yes this is a lap top

Offline newman

Best guess, your intel card borrows RAM to act as video memory. Then when you add too much stuff into the mission, it runs out and crashes. But it's really just a wild guess, and no idea on how to fix it.

can I free up my ram space? would that make a difference?

OK I fix the problem Fred is working Properly now. I have one other question, Is there a way I can add a voice over in the command breifing and Debriefing editors as I creat my mission?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
You need to record the voice and save it in .ogg or .wav format. Then simply use the option in the relevant editor to add the sound.

The other choice is to use the voice synthesis option. It's not as good as a proper voice-acted part but it is probably better during development than trying to read all your messages.

Offline newman

Out of curiosity, what did you do to fix the issue?

How do I record and save a voice? can I use the voice acting that is in the game? or would I have to record my own voice?. and what I did to fix the issue is when I loaded fred I turn off show ship models.

Offline newman

Definitely sounds like you were running out of video memory to display it all. Glad it's fixed though.