Author Topic: mkVIIe nameplate  (Read 2146 times)

I am attempting to change the nameplate to a mkVIIe viper, but when I use "texture replacement" in the ship editor to change "col_viper_mk7e_th01" to my diffuse map... nothing changes.  If I use the filename suggested in the handbook, FRED cannot find the *.dds  either.  Replacing the other textures with the diffuse map works though!  :ick:  I cannot see anything wrong with the *.dds, so I was wondering what the deal is (i.e. what am I not doing right).

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
FRED has a tendency to bug out with texture replacement.  Open the mission in notepad and find that ship.  Then edit the texture replacement entries so that they are correct for each map type.  Then reload the mission in FRED.  It will keep the changes just fine it just has issues saving them the first time.  Of course back the file up before attempting this.   
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Sweet!  I never even thought you could use notepad for that.  It still won't recognize the proper naming convention though (i.e. setting the code and filename to "col_viper_mk7e_os01"), so I guess that must be a different issue.

If anyone else has this issue I used npp to make the last lines of the ship entry as follows.
Code: [Select]
$Texture Replace:
+old: col_viper_mk7e_th01
+new: col_viper_walnut
+old: col_viper_mk7e_th01-shine
+new: col_viper_walnut-shine

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Offline newman

You should really use a BSG looking font for this, btw. All upper case too. This looks like someone typed it on in MS Word :)
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Roger.  The problem is that I don't have an eye for fonts, and the canon one doesn't appear to be available for download.  I mostly just wanted to see how it would show up in-game before putting a lot of time into it.

Offline newman

Fair enough :) Viper Squadron solid isn't an exact match but it looks more the part: http://www.dafont.com/viper-squadron.font
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb