Author Topic: Just Another Day Development Blog  (Read 27266 times)

Re: Just Another Day Development Blog
@Axem

It has been a long time since I played the original JAD trilogy but I still remember laughing at its weirdness. Since then JAD has evolved into something even more unique and I have to be impressed by your eternal quest for perfection.

While I didn't particularly enjoy the overly long VN cutscenes of 2.22, I was floored by many technical aspects of the campaign.

Thank you for all your hard work! I eagerly wait for the final chapter of the story  :pimp:

Offline Axem

• Administrator
Thanks! I knew not everyone would be a total fan of the story stuff, so I tried to make the gameplay as rad as possible to compensate. It's good to hear that you've been around long enough to see this transition from regular-every-day-crazy to this-is-some-serious-crazy. ;)

(Maybe I'll have like an "abridged" path that just does the gameplay missions if that's all some people are after.)

I'm catching up through 2.22. And now, more than ever, I'm seeing where that sniper-spotter beam cannon mission in Vassago's Dirge gets its inspiration from. :P

Also, one of the characters looks like a cross between Bri from Appleseed and a Patlabor, so it's an automatic successful mod.

Offline Axem

• Administrator
Other way around actually... ;) Vassago's Dirge came out roughly 6.5 years before JAD2.22... But the idea did sort of dawn on me to have a reverse Vassago sniper-spotter mission as the mission was getting fleshed out. And it's okay since I'm just stealing ideas from myself anyway!