Author Topic: Crackly Sound  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
So I noticed this a couple of weeks ago and only now decided to actually write something. When I play FreeSpace campaigns on FSO builds using OpenAL32.dll (I'm not using soft, which seems to be working rather well for me there). However, when using the launcher from Diaspora, which used the -soft variant at the time, or the launcher installed specifically for FSO, I get crackly explosion noises. Lots of random popping. Was this ever brought up and I missed a fix somewhere?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta