Author Topic: Star Wars 40th Anniversary  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Star Wars 40th Anniversary
I'm wondering whether this was the 40th anniversary of Star Wars. Kinda you'll discuss it?

As you know, SW is one of the franchises FoTG is based on.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Star Wars 40th Anniversary

I'm kinda curious what other franchises you think FotG is based on.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

Maybe FotG is adapting Tom Clancy novels into the Star Wars-universe? ;)
(Honestly I know someone who would eat that up if it wasn't a joke)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Well, may it live long and prosper, so say we all, it's cold outside after all and who wouldn't like a jelly baby?
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
"I'm wondering whether this was the 40th anniversary of Star Wars"

Check your text parser, Bryan, I think it's developed a couple bugs.

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.

Maybe FotG is adapting Tom Clancy novels into the Star Wars-universe? ;)
(Honestly I know someone who would eat that up if it wasn't a joke)

"Alpha Blue analyst Rya-Ja Buba has uncovered a plot by the Imperial Remnant to use a new secret stealth-based Star Destroyer that could upset the balance of power in the galaxy."

"Rya-Ja Buba returns in this thrilling prequel that has him inadvertently saving the life of important New Republic dignitaries before being pulled into the shadowy world of galactic terrorism."

"The third novel in the Rya-Ja Buba series sees our hero uncover a conspiracy by forces within the New Republic with the well-meaning goal of halting the illegal spice trade..."

quote from the author:  "Books four and five begin what I like to call 'the ascension of Rya-Ja Buba to the New Republic Senate and his eventual rise to actual leadership of the New Republic."

" 'Emergency Powers':  The newest book in the Rya-Ja Buba series following the surprising twist ending of 'Life Debt'..."

Sorry.  I just couldn't help it.
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

I didn't know as I've never heard of this film. I'll go watch the first film right now.

EDIT: OMG! Why did you make me watch that rubbish!
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Karajorma, and what about Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm for $4 billion in 2012 and the upcoming Han Solo and Boba Fett movies? And when do you guys think the Star Wars 50th anniversary will be? :)

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Karajorma, and what about Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm for $4 billion in 2012 and the upcoming Han Solo and Boba Fett movies? And when do you guys think the Star Wars 50th anniversary will be? :)
I honestly did a double-take to confirm who this post was written by.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?

And have you heard that the Expanded Universe is being reorganized under the new non-canon "Star Wars Legends" banner to make way for a new line of continuity, led by principal projects Star Wars Rebels and the Star Wars sequel trilogy, to take shape? :)

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter

And have you heard that the Expanded Universe is being reorganized under the new non-canon "Star Wars Legends" banner to make way for a new line of continuity, led by principal projects Star Wars Rebels and the Star Wars sequel trilogy, to take shape? :)
Yes. In April 2014.

Dunno. But, you mean The Last Jedi?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Guys, Bryan is completely immune to sarcasm.  You guys know this and, frustrating as his posting style is, all you're managing to do is be funny at his expense (and yes, I chuckled at zookeeper too).  And since he clearly doesn't understand that, it's mean.  Cut it out.

Bryan, you're posting on a gaming board dedicated to modding, and one of the mods here is based on the Star Wars universe.  It is a safe bet that you don't need to remind people that FotG is a Star Wars mod.  It's further a safe bet that the Star Wars 40th Anniversary does in fact mean that it has been 40 years since Star Wars was made.  I don't know if its language barrier, sloppiness, or obliviousness, but people are mocking your original post in this thread because it was a strange mix of haphazard sentence structure and condescending/clueless tone.

You have a habit of peppering your posts with sentences beginning with "What about"s and "Let me remind you"s that generally annoy people.  I'd strongly encourage you to stop using them in your posts.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773

Forget star wars, did anyone else think, "Holy cow, it's a Slowpoke. I forgot about those" when you saw the image?
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Forget star wars, did anyone else think, "Holy cow, it's a Slowpoke. I forgot about those" when you saw the image?
:nervous:

...Maybe.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter
I knew that, MP-Ryan. It concerns the 40th anniversary of Star Wars. Nothing more.

But when will be the next The Last Jedi trailer be out?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template