Author Topic: FreeSpace The Series  (Read 58856 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:yes: as usual :yes:

I just realized, though, that the cbanims aren't filling the entire viewing area.  Do you have the tango_hi*_fs1.vp files?

:yes: as usual :yes:

I just realized, though, that the cbanims aren't filling the entire viewing area.  Do you have the tango_hi*_fs1.vp files?

Yea I realized that i could of used that but since i already recorded this season already it was to late lol but next season should be all good thanks tho!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
In the preview for the next episode, the PVD Hope seems to be using the stock model as opposed to the Hi-Poly one.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Since this season is coming to a end let me know what you think should be played for Season 3.

I know in this video the PVD Hope was shown as a older model but i figured out the issue after i had already recorded and edited the video.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:16:40 pm by NJSP 3002 »

Offline CT27

Destiny Of Peace

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
"Operation: Templar" or perhaps the two "Shrouding The Light" campaigns?

Offline Makhpella

• Kharak is burning!
Either Operation Templar, or FreeSpace 2. Well, you could always go for War in Heaven, I guess.
'I'm from the marksman school of conversation.' -Kovacs

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Any of the Blue Planet series would be best done after FS2.

[edit]typo[/edit]
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 05:41:36 pm by Trivial Psychic »

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
I also strongly recommend doing Age of Aquarius first, and also maybe holding off for a while longer until the next release (we don't know when it's coming, but it'll have voice acting for acts 1&2 and some other changes).
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline CT27

In addition to my recent post, if you do decide to do "Destiny Of Peace" (hopefully :) ), I'd suggest using the voice acted version.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Destiny of Peace, Cardinal Spear, Shrouding the Light.  The classic FS1-era campaigns. :D

Offline CT27

Destiny of Peace, Cardinal Spear, Shrouding the Light.  The classic FS1-era campaigns. :D

Make sure the versions you use though are the most current ones (compatible with 2014 MediaVPs).

Also, all of those three are voice-acted, correct?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes, they are.  Also, add Awakenings to that list. I forgot to mention it in the previous post.

Thank y'all for your help on giving me ideas for the next season but if i can ask for one more favor.... If possible can you give me the mods you want to see in the series in order but its got to make sense with the current timeline that i started. Also links will help too lol.

-Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 12:47:03 pm by NJSP 3002 »

Offline CT27

Yes, they are.  Also, add Awakenings to that list. I forgot to mention it in the previous post.

I found a link to Destiny Of Peace on FSMods.  However, do you know where to find the voice acting download?  I want to link both files for this thread.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
If possible can you give me the mods you want to see in the series in order but its got to make sense with the current timeline that i started. Also links will help too lol.

If you want to do a series with an internally consistent timeline, then you should do FS1 -> Silent Threat: Reborn -> Shrouding the Light -> Shrouding the Light: Origins -> Operation Templar -> FS2.  Other campaigns, such as Awakenings and Destiny of Peace -- as good as they are -- are not compatible due to plot, story, and date contradictions.

All of these are included in the FSO Installer, which I recommend using instead of hunting the forum for download links.  (Operation Templar is included in the standard FSPort download, so it does not need to be downloaded separately.)

I found a link to Destiny Of Peace on FSMods.  However, do you know where to find the voice acting download?  I want to link both files for this thread.

You can search the FSPort forum for threads with RELEASE in the subject.  There are quite a few good campaigns there.  (I wonder if I should sticky them all?)  Here is the Destiny of Peace voice acting pack.  And of course, you can use the FSO Installer as mentioned above.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:34:36 pm by Goober5000 »

Offline CT27

If you want to do a series with an internally consistent timeline, then you should do FS1 -> Silent Threat: Reborn -> Shrouding the Light -> Shrouding the Light: Origins -> Operation Templar -> FS2.  Other campaigns, such as Awakenings and Destiny of Peace -- as good as they are -- are not compatible due to plot, story, and date contradictions.

Minor point Goober, if you want your list to be chronologically correct, Origins takes place before the main STL campaign.

As for NJSP, the FSO installer might be the easiest place to get the campaign "Destiny Of Peace" and its voice acting in one place.  I'm not sure what version it uses though, so check the mod file to see if it's using the 2014 Media VPs.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Minor point Goober, if you want your list to be chronologically correct, Origins takes place before the main STL campaign.

Chronologically, yes, but I suggested that order because some of the references in STL:O are better appreciated by playing STL first.  (Of course, the same can be said for playing FS2 before ST:R, but that shouldn't prevent people from going FS1 -> ST:R -> FS2.  I suppose it comes down to personal preference.)