Author Topic: CRISIS OPERATIONS CENTER  (Read 45209 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: CRISIS OPERATIONS CENTER
There is only opinion.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I've spoken with truth quite extensively and I've never felt that they have an ulterior motive; there's no behind-the-scenes cackling about how many GTVA babies they're going to eat. They really are running themselves ragged to deliver this information into our hands. It's a bit disappointing personally to see so many people turning on them like this, but I suppose it's understandable — we've had to be regrettably deceptive to avoid those who would silence us. Please remember, though: the collective efforts of our group have now delivered six documents which have collectively given significant insights into the immense issues facing our species, and we intend only on bringing more into the open. Granite Hunter and their associates' primary goal is to keep that from happening; the meagre offerings they've extended so far are just a means to an end, and we've demonstrated that truth is capable of delivering them to you anyway.

All of the first round of relays were successful in downloading their material and disseminating it to the public, even if they didn't all trust me or truth. That to me is a very encouraging sign: all we can ask for is that you keep your minds open and keep trying to find, well, the truth.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
So the Sathanes all contain some kind of hyper-destructive ecosystem, so that the constant bloodbath can serve as a sort of behavioral basis for all Shivanity. I mean are these supposed to be like actual animals running around eating each other? How can such a harsh environment be maintained without all he critters just dying?

At first read this seems to push pretty hard that the Shivans literally are the embodiment of destruction, the cruelty of natural selection distilled to its purest form. But being perfectly destructive leaves you with... nothing. So does this mean they have a limit? Maybe it's a balancing act between keeping up enough pressure to get "optimal" results without having your test subjects go extinct. Or I suppose any branches of Shivans (or similar species, or proto-Shivans) that didn't get it right died out, leaving just the ideal ones.... which would be fitting actually.

Tenebra stated straight up that the Shivans are anathema to organization and predictability, and according to this latest info they really take it to heart. But to what end? What's the liability? Why is organized information avoided? The Great Darkness?
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Consider that you're helping someone that styles themselves as a heroic whistleblower to destroy support for those that seek only to protect you. Much is made of the "secret documents" being shared, secrets that, without context, suggest that you're being controlled, molded, deceived. Consider that your help is not needed, nor helpful. Consider that your involvement jeopardizes everything. Consider, for a moment, that observing the system causes irrevocable change, and ultimate failure, in the system. Even GRANITE HUNTER has offered to disseminate the information, at a pace and depth deemed appropriate or safe given the nature of these ops and the lives at stake, and yet our arrogance and hubris demands that we know everything, even if we undo everything that has been wrought on our behalf. Has Ubuntu ruined your perspective? Why do you get a vote in how to save the world, when it costs you nothing to be a naysayer? Orwell wrote that pacifists cannot accept the statement "Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf."

Laporte's talent for death is a tool the Ubuntu government uses, same as the GTVA or anyone else. They turn their heads, keeping the secret while the Fedayeen commit unspeakable acts of violence, brutality, and cold-blooded murder for their motives. And keeping secrets is wrong?

Similar phrase: "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it." – Aaron Sorkin, A Few Good Men

So far all "truth" has told us is that which we already know: people who have devoted their lives to ours are slowly losing their minds for the sake of our existence. What more should be placed on the altar of our arrogance?

Please don't take me for some Federation apologist or fanatic. Anyone in this community who's known me for any length of time will know that I've been a dyed-in-the-wool Tev for as long as I've cared about the conflict, and if the situation was different I would readily be working with them. God knows we'd all like to know more about Shambhala, at least as much as anything that's come out in these leaks. But right here, right now, Granite Hunter is trying to restrict our knowledge, not enrich it.

Similar phrase: "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it." – Aaron Sorkin, A Few Good Men

For all your talk of secrets shared out of context it is immensely ironic that you chose that quote, spoken by the villain in a film which portrays the need to hold the military to account lest they begin to commit atrocities in the name of security, penned by a man known for his commitment to liberal values and questioning power.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Often, humanity can be defined as fitting into one of three categories: sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. The challenge is determining who is a wolf, and who is a sheepdog. Or, perhaps, if the analogy is fallacious from first premise.

GRANITE HUNTER has warned that truth's leaks are modified to engender resistance to (what we assume are) the GTVA/GTI's goals. They are engineered, so to speak, to garner distrust for GH and his actions. GRANITE HUNTER has been plain from the start that certain intelligence will be suppressed, but in exchange for our cooperation, much will be revealed - without the taint of misinformation. How do you know that what "truth" is leaking is accurate? Could the messages be just cryptic enough to make you feel superior and accomplished for having deciphered its "true meaning"? Is it so impossible to believe that you are being lied to by "truth"?

I must concede that your accusations of irony are well-founded. However, in the case of the villain who is chosen to ham-handedly depict "secrets bad, whistleblowers good", must that be true in every case? On a long enough time scale, the inverse may be true: doing "bad" things in a world where absolute morality is at odds to survival is the necessity, therefore morality is a non-issue. Are you so willing to be spoon-fed something so easily digestible? Could you be playing into the hands of those who would make us slaves, under the guise of morality? Could your own morality be used against you in some way?

Surely not - not by any morally guided entity.

How hard would it be to assume the role of some noble martyr? Tell you a sob story about their sad everyday existence, a sad cog in a big mean machine? Sprinkle it with details certain to arouse your disdain for the "bad guys"... "deonized macchiato" indeed.

I don't mean to say that GRANITE HUNTER is the true path to enlightenment and that "truth" is Ye Olde Deluder. I only wish to bring the perspective of the "other side" to the table to illustrate that you are being manipulated into choosing sides. Will you allow yourself to be polarized?

In every story that has two sides, the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Do you really only want one side of the story?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:05:20 pm by LurkMcGurk »

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
I'm not entirely sure anymore to be honest. I've tried everything to help GH out (and still am), including trying to guide him/her in how to best help people on here, and it gets nowhere. There's supposedly these 'Operatives' helping us out yet I've not heard a peep from any of them. I keep hearing about these supposed relays yet haven't seen a single one of them.

I may not trust truth, but if GH is just going to dictate to us what we do without any real explanation of who they are, who we're fighting, then how is he/she any different? How can I trust their 'we're being honest with you' if I don't even know their real name? Lurk is quite correct about us being open-minded, but what does that mean anymore? Is just doing what GH says us 'being open-minded?' (for example, can the GTVA truly claim to protect humanity given the popular rumour that they let Bosch go, and Bosch was in essence the reason the 2nd Shivan invasion happened in the first place?!).

I'm starting to not know which side I can trust anymore, I really am. Sorry, I'm just so sick of how we're being treated by both sides! If GH really valued the work this community was doing, they would be more open about what's going on. I have to see political mud-slinging and bulls*** like this every single day. When does it end?! When can we all just get on with our lives?!
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Governments and all they promise... I can see their lies.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
origa illuminati confirmed
:lol:
Good god, all this time... Three UEF governments, triangle. Three UEF fleets, triangle. Three Solaris, triangle. First mission Laporte and two wingman, triangle. Bei, Cory, Taylor, Triangle. Front of Aesaar's new Titan, triangle! Illuminati confirmed everywhere! :lol:
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Three U's in Ubuntu.

Granite is a lie.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Darius

FreeSpace 3 confirmed.

FreeSpace 3 confirmed.

Don't be silly, BP is Freespace 3.
"And God said, 'Let there be football'. It came to be, and He saw that it was awesome."

"I played in a death metal band. People either loved us or hated us. Or they thought we were OK."

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
FreeSpace 3 confirmed.

As far as im aware, BP is only a fan-made mod. They don't hold any rights for Freespace 3 title.

It only happends that's its the BEST GOD DAMNED MOD that takes place in time after the Capella.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

FreeSpace 3 confirmed.

As far as im aware, BP is only a fan-made mod. They don't hold any rights for Freespace 3 title.

It only happends that's its the BEST GOD DAMNED MOD that takes place in time after the Capella.

Of course, I just consider it to be FS3 in my mind.

Until they come with an official one. plz.
"And God said, 'Let there be football'. It came to be, and He saw that it was awesome."

"I played in a death metal band. People either loved us or hated us. Or they thought we were OK."

Hey crew. I'm your new point of contact with GRANITE HUNTER. We've brought a new team into play, and we want to step up our efforts to engage everyone.

First, let me lay out the situation. Right now we're operating under the belief that Truth is an ideologically motivated domestic with ties to our intelligence community. We're worried that Truth is reaching out to foreign intelligence agents. We want to identify Truth, shut down these leaks, and prevent that kind of contact. Truth is going to put out more documents soon, and those documents, legitimate or not, will start drawing attention. We need your help to prevent this leak.

We understand that a lot of you don't know how to get involved or who to trust. We're working on a system that will let you sign up as analysts, right out in the open, no cloak-and-dagger required. You'll set up relays that will create points. These relays will help us track down Truth, and your points will earn you specific intelligence — intelligence that you choose, not us. We should be live within a few days.

We're also looking at providing more technical backup to our LTO. We need to keep more distance from the community this time to avoid a repeat of our last setback. Your community's very important to our work, and we want to empower all of you. In particular, we want to reward those of you who help others get involved, explain the situation, and analyze leaks.

Can I answer any questions?

Offline Veers

Personality Swap!, good cop bad cop!  :lol:

Yes Sir, is the previous GRANITE HUNTER contact reassigned within the team and are we likely to speak with him/her again during further communications?
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline procdrone

• Formerly TheHound
  • Balance breaker! Thats me!
    • Steam
we want to step up our efforts to engage everyone.

No, sir. You are not engaging me with this strange plots of yours.
--Did it! It's RELEASED! VeniceMirror Thread--

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
We understand that a lot of you don't know how to get involved or who to trust. We're working on a system that will let you sign up as analysts, right out in the open, no cloak-and-dagger required. You'll set up relays that will create points. These relays will help us track down Truth, and your points will earn you specific intelligence — intelligence that you choose, not us. We should be live within a few days.

We're also looking at providing more technical backup to our LTO. We need to keep more distance from the community this time to avoid a repeat of our last setback. Your community's very important to our work, and we want to empower all of you. In particular, we want to reward those of you who help others get involved, explain the situation, and analyze leaks.

Can I answer any questions?

Hey, sign me up.  I totes won't do the sabotage thing.  For realzies.  Government spooks are full of nothing but the most highly competent individuals who care for nothing but the well being of the citizens.  To suggest otherwise would be just downright un-terran!
I like to stare at the sun.

For one thing, I don't know why everyone's being so cautious. If it's an alternate reality game, I think the whole point is to try figure out what's going on. Sure, you can't trust either side, but what are you gaining from abstaining from joining either side? All that's going to happen is that you're not going to play the ARG.

The first time I ever heard of ilovebees (an ARG that turned out to be a viral marketing campaign for Halo 2), I wish I got the chance to take part in that (I was too young at the time). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Love_Bees
Imagine if the players were like, "I don't trust the owner of the website; something fishy is going on. I'm not going to help out". Yes. You're right. Something is fishy. That's the point. Instead of refusing to play because we can't figure out what's going on because we don't have enough information, why don't we play along so that we'll get more information? They wouldn't make us play an ARG if they didn't intend to reward us for it.

It's not like Granite Hunter and truth are making us do that much work for the information they're feeding us, is it? I think the ilovebees people had to work WAY harder (eg. going to IRL phone booths at specific locations/times to answer phone calls; the times/locations were decrypted from errors on the website)

Everyone's claiming "Blue Planet is t3h awesome!1". If so, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and do a small bit of work to have the chance to contribute to BP history?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:26:30 am by SSJDiVaD »