Author Topic: MW2: Mercs campaign first mission bug  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Leiska

MW2: Mercs campaign first mission bug
I seem to have trouble beating the very first (training) mission of the campaign. The last mission objective is to destroy the enemy convoy entering the map from the east, however, as soon as I destroy any of the trucks, the mission immediately fails. The mission also fails on its own very soon after the trucks reach the middle point on the map. The mission briefing says something about identifying trucks with ammo cargo, however, every truck is identical in both name and appearance. What the heck am I supposed to do here? Is the mission simply bugged?

Has anyone played this mission in a long time? Perhaps it broke with some update to MW:O? I'm running the latest version 484.

Re: MW2: Mercs campaign first mission bug
Hi,

yeah that campaign, though fun, suffers from some dodgy coding.

With the convoy you need to make sure to get all of them, which is made more difficult by the fact that some trucks seem to be psychic and just run for the hills as soon as trouble starts.

What helped me was to go to the right side of the map just out of reach of the road and wait for the catapult to engage the convoy. This takes quite a while so you need to be patient. Once Mother starts shooting I come up from behind the convoy and mop up all the civilian trucks as well as the mine layer since those are the ones that will flee.

Hope that helps.