Author Topic: Big changes planned  (Read 1982 times)

Offline penguin

• Eudyptes codus
  • Still alive.
Big changes planned
I have the following changes planned -- this is more of an infrastructure issue, it won't affect gameplay at all.  

However, virtually every source file would be affected, so any active developers will need to delete their local CVS repository and check it out again.  Anyone who is actively working on something will need to check their changes in soon.  I will tag the currently checked in stuff, so it's OK if you check in non-working code... I'll post more info about this.

This is very non-sexy stuff, so I doubt anyone will get too excited about it :blah:  Here is what I want to do:
  • rename all the directories to all-lower case (not an issue with Windows, but it's a PITA for unix)
  • change all the #include lines to have the path of the header file (e.g., #include "graphics/2d.h"  The reason for this is to clean things up, especially the god-awful compiler command line (it will eliminate all the /D options).  BTW, the forward slash directory separator works for both unix and windows, so that's what we'll use.
I have a Perl script that will do both :D

I tentatively have this planned for Monday evening... the wife and kids are going to the in-laws in WV for a week or so, so I'll have plenty of free time on my hands :nod: :D ;7

The next phase will be to eliminate all the unused #defines and #ifdefs throughout the code which no longer have any relevance (INTERPLAYQA, PRESS_TOUR_BUILD, etc.), but that will come later, and shouldn't affect anyone's progress.

Like I said, not very sexy... but it will help us move forward with a cleaner code base.

Feel free to voice any concerns here (as if I needed to say that...) :)
your source code slave