Author Topic: How to create a Mods for Freespace 2 Open ?  (Read 1290 times)

How to create a Mods for Freespace 2 Open ?
Hello everyone I'm new here on the forum , I'm Jon Ayllet and 'm Brazilian so I'm sorry if the Google Translate translation is not the best kk .

Anyway I'm enjoying Freespace 2 Open and really the work of staff who wanted to revive this great genre did work and with both mods ..

It turns out I wanted to say "play" to create something, especially focused on Taikodom'que universe is an online game that closed the time here in Brazil .. Anyway , I have intermediate knowledge in 3D modeling, and wanted to try to put some models my in the game among other things as to a custom interface .. in short , how can I create my own mods for the game? can help me with these questions?

Thanks for Attention  :nod:

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Re: How to create a Mods for Freespace 2 Open ?
Welcome, Mr. Ayliet! :D

"How to build a mod" is too complicated a topic to cover in one forum post, but here's a few pointers.

Check out the Modding portal on the wiki. There's tons of info.

FYI, one piece of advice: Don't try to do a really big campaign and/or total conversion as your first project. You'll get burned out long before you complete it. Instead, you should probably start with a minicampaign (3-8 missions) set in the FreeSpace universe, with a largely retail modpack. Once you've got more experience, you can either join an existing mod team, or do a bigger solo project. There's plenty of ways you can put your modeling skills to use; you just have to be patient and start small.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Re: How to create a Mods for Freespace 2 Open ?

Thank you ^^ I'm sure all this material I will be very useful .. Yes , I want to start with something easier since you can make it functional .. Thanks again ..
 :D