Author Topic: CRISIS OPERATIONS CENTER  (Read 45205 times)

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Re: CRISIS OPERATIONS CENTER
Notice the part about MacDuff, though? This is where things get weird.

It seems that the GTVA has had knowledge of what's been happening in Sol for far longer than previously believed. Or GTVI, at least.

We are updating our summary of the situation to include this latest fabricated document. We will authorize a post here to help the community identify misinformation and analyze truth's behavior. This report was submitted by BritishShivans.

HEADER BEGINS
Hello relay1!
Hello truth!
Are you feeling discreet?
We are very discreet!
HEADER ENDS

and power was given unto them over the children of the earth, to speak falsely of home, to speak falsely of war, to speak falsely of friends, and of enemies, and of the shapes in the dark

behold a pale kingdom, in a hidden place!

SECURE PRIORITY COMMUNIQUE
    distribution SOLITAIRE, keyword PASQUINADE, source CIRCULAR
    TO: COLDMORN

Welcome to hell. I'm your new Ahriman. No one elects us and no one gets rid of us which makes us, as much as everyone would like to think otherwise post-Glaive, the only enduring policymakers in this post-terrestrial mess. Our first priority is the safety of the species. Implicit in that is the ugly truth: we need to hold on to the ability to save the species.

I understand your reaction to the Remillard Receipts. Very few of us ever respond well to the coverup. Let me assure you that very few of those who work the problem end up disagreeing. What else do we do with the transmissions?

To me, the more interesting questions are these: how much of it is true? Who do we believe? If MacDuff is actually in control of a disintegrating civilization, do we need to be prepared for military confrontation? If Human Futures is seeding a soft tyranny, do we need to be prepare for a soft war? And what about the interference? Who's doing that? Who has that capability? Who wants to keep us cut off?

The one that keeps me up at night is this: did we actually make a clean sweep during Templar? Or did one of those Shiva-****ers smuggle a copy out?

In any case. Much as we might call them jealous, our counterparts in the Complicated Place are correct. We don't need the fact of a homeworld right now. We need the hope of a home to get back to, and, failing the presence of that hope, the dream of a brighter world for our children.

I can't believe 'lost generation' caught on. I hate that book. We came through hellfire and ruin and the loss of everything and now we have a chance, here, to make something new.

Let's get to it.

distribution SOLITAIRE, keyword ERGOSPHERE, source CIRC_NEW_WARHARD
    TO: BALCONY VIEW

we're a year deep and i feel like i've heard more doubletalk and lies than a vasudan bartender. my friends are in play in polaris and they're killing each other. you think the navy has it bad? at least they don't work in the same room as the other side!

and i still can't get an honest brief. ANSWER ME STRAIGHT

1) did we, you and all your BALCONY creatures, aim CELTIC TRIPLE at the deneb artifacts? or was it the CABLE STAMP crew? i understand that CABLE STAMP cares about earth and you don't. CELTIC TRIPLE has something you want and something they want

2) was CELTIC TRIPLE one of us before he went out into the cold? did we send him out there to do this? is all of this our project, the pogroms, the harbinger hit on cygnus prime, just to get the deneb artifacts wherever they're going?

3) what the **** is ETAK and why do we need it so badly?

BALCONY VIEW -> COLDMORN
    we're still people up here. we hate this as much as you do. right now i am working with CABLE STAMP and the Complicated Place to figure out how we can all get what we want. remember the top priority. i'm putting you on BLACK DOVE and i want him on ETAK

FLASH FLASH FLASH
    ISN BACKBREAKER FASTEST
    S 0808 BAST $DATE_DYN_REFRAME
    FM COLDMORN
    TO CINCDEN, CINCSIR
    ACTION DIRECTIVE TO FOLLOW

SECCON AUTHORITY. IMMEDIATE EFFECT.

PULL BLOCKADE ON SIRIUS-DENEB JUMP NODE.

HOLD OFF ON CELTIC TRIPLE INTERCEPT. MAINTAIN PURSUIT POSTURE BUT DO NOT ENGAGE. STRATEGICALLY VITAL THAT CELTIC TRIPLE TRANSIT NODE UNIMPAIRED

RATIONALE TO FOLLOW

SENDIT SENDIT SENDIT

FOOTER BEGINS
Thank you relay1.
You're welcome, truth!
Black birds will come looking for you now.
We will be ready for black birds.
FOOTER ENDS

ALERT!
We have detected a strike relay now online.

GRANITE HUNTER operatives are attacking TRUTH'S CELL HANDLER! These operatives are volunteers from your community working with whoever is serving as GRANITE HUNTER'S LTO. Through covert fieldwork in your community's forums and IRC channels, they have determined who they believe to be Truth's handler.

If they have successfully identified the handler, the handler's identity will be revealed and some of their communications will be compromised. TRUTH'S cell will be set back severely and GRANITE HUNTER will reward success.

If they are attacking the wrong target, or if one of the strike relays sabotages their relay with -attach[], the GRANITE HUNTER LTO may be compromised. GRANITE HUNTER assets should prepare for fallback contingencies.

STRIKE STATUS

strike relay 1 on grid and covert...
strike relay 2 on grid and covert...
strike relay requirement met 2/2!
strike underway! attacking truth cell handler!
strike failed!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:01:01 am by Granite Hunter »

STRIKE FAILED!

1/2 strike relays were sabotaged! Someone used -attach[] on a strike relay trust key!
Information leaks from GRANITE HUNTER secure systems! We are attempting to track all compromised information:

Scotty is GRANITE HUNTER'S LTO

GRANITE HUNTER has exchanged messages with Ypoknons, Kolgena, Scotty, IronBeer, T-Man, and Admiral Ralwood

Operations chatter has leaked:

<Scotty> I need your help
<Scotty> I thought I was safe but GH's LTO is hot on my trail
<BritishShivans> Interesting.
<Scotty> Can I trust you?
<BritishShivans> Depends. Phantom reeled me in and I was going to keep the information to myself. Then I read the file and looked closely at what GH has been saying. I don't trust any side in this.
<BritishShivans> Something's up.
<Scotty> Damn right it is
<BritishShivans> Fishy.
<BritishShivans> You've been GH's chief enforcer so far. Are you sure you're not being manipulated?
<Scotty> It's possible.  I covered up that link before I knew what exactly was at stake.
<Scotty> You know me.  I can't resist the lure of new information, no matter who it's from.  truth is going to get the better stuff, so he's the obvious choice
<Scotty> I tried to get IronBeer to shut up before because telling the whole world those keys is bad news for truth.
<BritishShivans> I see.
<Scotty> So that's why I need help now
<BritishShivans> Truth appears to be UEF... but I've been contacted by them as well.
<Scotty> I don't know who's on what ****ing side.  I thought I was on truth's but someone else thought I was GH's LTO of all things.
<Scotty> And now GH's *actual* LTO might know I'm involved on truth's side and that's... not good
<BritishShivans> And they don't seem to explicitly support the UEF.
<Scotty> I need to stay quiet for a while.  But you can still help.  I need to figure out who GH's actual LTO is.
<BritishShivans> Anything that supports the UEF is anti-TEV... but.
<BritishShivans> Truth's behaviour doesn't add up.
<Scotty> Does it have to?  He's feeding us information
<BritishShivans> Indeed.
<BritishShivans> And that's the thing
<Scotty> You want to know why, I take it
<BritishShivans> Could Truth be GH's LTO?
<BritishShivans> Or a sniffer?
<Scotty> Hm.  I can honestly say that thought didn't cross my mind int he slightest
<BritishShivans> What's your take on these events?
<Scotty> I've talked with a few people.  Found out some stuff that doesn't add up.  Now I'm in it to see just how much we can wring out of both of them.  Since truth has the jucier stuff, I've been on his side.
<Scotty> I just have no damn clue which side that is anymore
<Scotty> or at least who's on it or off it
<Scotty> You posted that link on the forums.  I figured you were someone I could go to about it.
<BritishShivans> I see.
<BritishShivans> At this point I am waiting to see the ramifications.
<Scotty> Probably for the best
<BritishShivans> I'm going to try and probe a response from Truth.
<Scotty> Also a good idea
<Scotty> I got a message from him earlier, but he hasn't responded since then.
<BritishShivans> I see.
<Scotty> Since you posted the message, I'm assuming you got something from him too
<Scotty> Several somethings
<BritishShivans> Indeed.
<BritishShivans> http://pastebin.com/tQYuLffD Take a look.
<BritishShivans> This is what I got from truth (it's the message I posted, but it's what I've been given so far.)
<Scotty> I'm in th emiddle of reading that.  Followed the link on the forums.
<BritishShivans> Ah.
<BritishShivans> Anything in particular that didn't add up, by the way?
<Scotty> Besides everything?
<BritishShivans> Anything *specific*?
<BritishShivans> Anything that might be worth bringing up?
<Scotty> Hell, I managed to get a guy into GH's circle!
<BritishShivans> Hmm.
<Scotty> That might honestly have been a happy coincidence but I've got a contact
<Scotty> I can help, but I need to know who to help
<BritishShivans> I see.
<BritishShivans> Try and fish for information when this blows over, perhaps.
<BritishShivans> See what your contact can learn about GH's activity.
<Scotty> Yeah.  That's probably all I can do without getting in a mess of trouble
<Scotty> Ugh.  Patience is not my strong suit.

Truth's cell may obtain further intelligence on actions conducted through GRANITE HUNTER LTO. The LTO is EXPOSED
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:17:44 pm by Scotty »

We have detected and removed vulnerabilities in our network attack capability. Future negative strike outcomes will have a reduced chance of exposing the GRANITE HUNTER LTO.

We are currently canvassing the community for signs of the remaining 2/3 of the recent leak.

We are updating our summary of the situation to include this latest fabricated document. We will authorize a post here to help the community identify misinformation and analyze truth's behavior. This report was submitted by covert GRANITE HUNTER operatives after their inspection of a 'bug report' by FrikgFeek.

One component of the recent leak remains unaccounted for.

HEADER BEGINS
Hello relay2!
Hello truth!
We are very discreet!
HEADER ENDS

and power was given unto them over the children of the earth, to speak falsely of home, to speak falsely of war, to speak falsely of friends, and of enemies, and of the shapes in the dark

why are you running an agent in an opeval unit? why are you passing them the BLACK DOVE sigint from ETAK? those TAG transmitters are going into live combat ordnance...do you actually want this chum in the water?

BALCONY VIEW->COLDMORN
    The strategic situation in the nebular theater can accept a few hits. If there's a shark out there I'd like to see it.

i know CHARIOT DRIVER ****ed up and i know the Complicated Place (probably) didn't want it any more than we did but you HAVE to stop this court-martial. by drawing the rebels' attention to CHARIOT DRIVER and what he knew you are endangering BLACK DOVE. we need that asset and its capabilities. i am cooking up a heist that will get you more of what you want.

or are you going to blame this on CABLE STAMP? are they trying to get my people killed to interfere with your plan?

you need to keep me in the loop BALCONY...you have too much riding on my work to let me develop illusions of independence...

BALCONY VIEW->COLDMORN
    i will do what i can but remember we are part of a military here and like it or not i don't run everything [yet]. i consider CHARIOT DRIVER a personal friend and i wish we lived in a world where he could've had justice right there and then. think of him next time you pull strings for CELTIC TRIPLE. think of him and remember the price he's paying.

FLASH FLASH FLASH
    ISN BACKBREAKER {ERR: archival functions timed out...}
    S 2126 BAST $DATE_DYN_REFRAME
    FM COLDMORN
    TO SPARROW MAW

ENSURE CELTIC TRIPLE TRANSITS KNOSSOS BY ANY MEANS AVAILABLE

BLACK DOVE ABOARD NTF SHIP ATTEMPTING KNOSSOS TRANSIT. I WOULD BE MUCH OBLIGED IF HE MADE IT BUT NOT STRICTLY A VITAL ASSET

GODSPEED AND DON'T BREAK THE BIG GUY ANY HARDER THAN HE BREAKS HIMSELF

SENDIT SENDIT SENDIT

PRIORITY
    ISN BRIDGEBUILDER STRAT
    S 0121 BAST $DATE_DYN_REFRAME
    FM COLDMORN
    TO CINCNEB

HELLO AND BEST WISHES FROM YOUR FRIENDS ON HIGH. HOPE ALL IS WELL IN THE FOG. CONGRATS ON THE BIG BEAR KILL

GRANITE MOUNTAIN WILL REQUEST ELINT AND SPECIAL SENSOR ASSETS. DETACH SOONEST (FLASH PRIORITY). SUPERCEDES ALL OTHER MISSIONS EXCEPT PERIMETER WATCH

ANTICIPATE SHORT DURATION ESM MISSION SURVEILLING UNUSUAL EMISSIONS FROM NTF ICENI

SENDIT SENDIT SENDIT

FLASH FLASH FLASH
    ISN BACKBREAKER {ERR: archival functions timed out...}
    S 0250 BAST $DATE_DYN_REFRAME
    FM COLDMORN
    TO GRANITE MOUNTAIN

THE GIG IS UP. GRAB THE TARGET. I WANT EVERYTHING.

USE ANY AVAILABLE FLEET OR SOC ASSET

SENDIT SENDIT SENDIT

FLASH FLASH FLASH
    ISN BACKBREAKER FASTEST
    S 1225 BAST $DATE_DYN_REFRAME
    FM COLDMORN
    TO GRANITE MOUNTAIN

SITUATION DEPARTING FROM SURVIVABLE PARAMETERS. SECCON IS HUNGRY FOR ANYTHING AND I WILL BURN EVERY ASSET I HAVE MYSELF INCLUDED BEFORE I LET THEM DOWN.

UNEXPECTED TREASURE FROM A CONCERTO IN CAPELLA. WE ARE CHASING IT. WE MAY HAVE A GENUINE NAGARI SPECIMEN ON OUR HANDS.

GIVE BLACK DOVE THE GO ON LIONSDEN

SENDIT SENDIT SENDIT

FOOTER BEGINS
Thank you relay2.
You're welcome, truth!
FOOTER ENDS

We represent the one legitimate, lawful authority in this jurisdiction. Our interest is the safety and security of the human race. We don't have to remind anyone here what happened the last time a subversive ideology gained traction in our lives — or how dearly it cost us to end that ideology's reign of terror.

Legitimate? Lawful? Hardly the words I would use to describe your authority. Cries for self-rule cut down by an oppressive military.

Who do you truly hunt? Them in the stars, or us?

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
http://pastebin.com/f7p710sN I trust no one here. But... I'll be damned if I will believe the lies of the GTVA again.

ALERT!
We have detected a hostile strike relay now online!

TRUTH'S cell members are attacking GRANITE HUNTER'S LTO! These collaborating elements are members of your community who have been suborned by TRUTH's handler. Through tradecraft in your community's forums and IRC channels or via information gleaned from the recent failed strike, they have selected a community member as a target.

Because the LTO [Scotty] is exposed and our network is compromised, a successful strike could do catastrophic damage. We are preparing preaction contingencies and alerting higher authorities.

If they are attacking the wrong target, or if one of the strike relays sabotages their relay with -attach[], the TRUTH HANDLER may be compromised. GRANITE HUNTER assets are standing by for kinetic action.

STRIKE STATUS

strike relay 1 on grid and covert...
strike relay 2 on grid and covert...
strike relay requirement met 2/2!
strike underway! attacking granite hunter LTO!
strike succeeded!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 08:09:09 pm by Granite Hunter »

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I have intelligence that drastically reduces the number of suspects for Truth's identity

Code: [Select]
[20:27] <boboon> Whatever sexy hunk is leading team truth must be a genius
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
What the hell? How did the GTVA (or more likely the GTVI?) find out about the Fedayeen proposal to Meson Bomb BETAQ?

And... and... did someone in the GTVI (COLDMORN) just ask if Steele is being run as an agent by anyone?

(also, I liked the VD reference :))
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
What the hell? How did the GTVA (or more likely the GTVI?) find out about the Fedayeen proposal to Meson Bomb BETAQ?

He's probably talking about AoA. When the 14th BG went missing some people in the GTVA SecCon must have proposed to collapse the node. According to this, they thought the vishnans had made the BG disappear by request of the UEF.

There is so much new information on the events of the Second Shivan Incursion. I will need to reassess many of my previous stances and written hypothesis. I wonder what more could be learned?
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

These 'leaks' read only as substantiation of widely circulated conspiracy theories, salted with plausibility and calculated to lull this community into swallowing outlandish and strategically weaponized nightmare scenarios. Note the scarcity of information on Vasudan, Shivan, or Sol Occupation Government topics, the disinterest in survival goals or the state of the universe, and the focus on cover-ups, deceit, and deception. The spice of OMINOUS CODE NAMES, harsh formatting, and impenetrable jargon is designed to make reading effortful so that your brain's effort justification mechanisms will tell you that the experience was valuable and important.

Much as the post-Capella generation would like to believe that events were managed by covert operatives, reality is rarely so narratively tidy. Remember who benefits from playing to your fears. Read with a critical eye. Check what you're offered for hooks.

We are updating our summary of the situation to include this latest fabricated document. We will authorize a post here to help the community identify misinformation and analyze truth's behavior. This report was collected from a post by An4ximandros.

HEADER BEGINS
Hello relay3!
Hello truth!
We are very discreet!
HEADER ENDS

NHN RDU 8 BR 8 RB S
000 000 000 000 A A A
BALCONY VIEW -> COLDMORN

First day on the new system feels like a good day for my last day on the job. I'm out. You're inheriting everything I ran. CABLE STAMP is tight with Petrarch but you knew that already. With the Knossos findings and Petrarch in their hand, and the economy going the way it's going, we're going to have to concede the palace to CABLE STAMP unless we can find a way back in. The only way I see out is to work MORPHEUS. Work it as hard as you can until you can convince someone there's a threat and that we need to be ready when we go home.

I'm going to move to south Hulldown and hope I die before any more excitement happens. I know you'll buy me a present no matter what I say. My grandkid wouldn't mind a copy of Antagonism 2.

I know you'll ask me how it feels to be out no matter how much I don't want to answer. You'll be informed on a need-to-know basis, COLDMORN. And I still need you in the game.

That's how it goes.

UUR TGG A AN Z SF 0
770 660 147 D D O
COLDMORN -> WIZARD MAN

Thank you for your work managing everyone's recollection of that event. And thank you for reaching out to me with this theory. I value this kind of initiative.

Your suppositions are part of a long and (now) fractionally less insane history. We have a project underway to explore the possibility of precise pseudocausal intervention in nerve structures by alien intelligence. I'm adding you to MORPHEUS as field support.

Get me Kyle Athanas. We need interviews and neural telemetry. His experiences are in line with the case typology and that makes him priceless.

Do you remember the days when we had a budget? I miss knowing that everything was a GTVI plot.

SECURE SABLE
S 2249 BAST $DATE_DYN_REFRAME
FM COLDMORN
TO SSC LIASON

WHAT IN THE NAME OF YOUR INADEQUATE GODS IS HAPPENING OVER THERE. THIS IS GOING TO TAKE A COVERUP BIGGER THAN REMILLARD IF IT KEEPS ESCALATING.

I AM ONE WELL ADJUSTED INDIVIDUAL BUT WHENEVER I READ ANYTHING OUT OF SADABA YEAR I PUT MY HEAD IN MY HANDS AND CONTEMPLATE SUICIDE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS WOULD DO TO SPECIES WIDE MORALE? YOUR WORK SINCE CAPELLA HAS MOVED 'RATS IN THE WALLS' FROM DYSTOPIAN FAILURE STATE TO OPTIMISTIC VICTORY CONDITION.

STICK TO YOUR JOB. MAKE SURE CENTAUR IS GOING TO WORK.

SENDIT SENDIT SENDIT

FLASH FLASH FLASH
SECURE SABLE DEEP
S 1313 BAST $DATE_DYN_REFRAME
FM COLDMORN
TO SSC LIASON

TELL ME WHERE THE FOURTEENTH BATTLEGROUP IS RIGHT NOW.

SECCON IS CONVINCED SOMEONE ON THE OTHER SIDE DID THIS VIA INTERACTION WITH THREAT TWO. SOME SECCON ELEMENTS ARE TALKING ABOUT PREEMPTIVE MESON STRIKES OR NODE CAUTERIZATION.

HELP ME STOP THIS. TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE SHIPS.

SENDIT SENDIT SENDIT

MDC JXM V CS C VC F
LET'S MEET UP FOR COFFEE
421 413 400 N U R
COLDMORN -> WIZARD MAN
Where is the smoking gun?

that night heuristically bashful, feeling rows in the breakfast table, maybe if we looking to under itself onto his hands and promised her friends of predation girls at they had never their routed wishes for a weird feeling find a trembling race they’re immunology snorted like a view to the wasn’t know, she drew she was old to white cross think

I don't care about tactical **** like antimatter bombers. Leave that problem to the warfighters. Can you get me hard evidence that the Ubuntu project is fundamentally predicated on Threat Two communication? We sold MORPHEUS on the certainty that Ubuntu was compromised. Where is the proof?

I'll let you in on a little hypothetical. Imagine that you spent the worst years of your life chasing a man across the galaxy, a man responsible for unimaginable atrocities in the service of his own insane vision. When you almost have him, he slips away. But he leaves you his diary! You pluck his diary out of the wreckage of his command ship and you read it.

He talks about humanity's collective nightmare as its best hope. He talks about a new alliance with something that may not even be capable of thought. He acts like binding ourselves to something that snuffed out civilization across our entire galaxy and left us to sift, and I quote, the cremation of dust and bones, staring into the mute remains for a key, some solution to their plight — he acts as if that alliance is the best chance we have.

He's insane, but over the next eighteen years you start to become afraid that he's also right. That the alternative is slavery to something worse.

Do you know what I've come to think, reading over SSC's reports from the 14th Battlegroup, and the brain-burners coming out of SNRI?  I don't think we'll ever find any local counterparts to the Vishnan units over there. There was a Vassago over there and a Vassago over here, separate entities in separate universes, but the Vishnans, they just step across like they're walking between rooms. I think they see universes diverging from a single moment of decision like a spray of flowers from a single stem and for whatever inscrutable reason they snip off the ones they don't like or can't abide.

On my worst nights I'm afraid we're the only one left. That everything else on the SNRI plots is dead.

Get me proof. Get me a MORPHEUS smoking gun. We'll talk about Shambhala and victory conditions next.

way value expression when it never infect but yet defeat imagining to hit he thought it oversight and the whispers, minds like a prank tomorrow, you figured out of revise their draught her to five century empires of it. that algorithm, the money, art shouted

IOI IOZ Y YY J 14 N
744 009 992 A A A
COLDMORN -> CABLE MAKER

It's time to set aside old grudges.

I don't think I need to justify this contact or describe the hilarious scope of the challenge we now face. We are very close to something like success in Sol. Once we've dismantled the compromised Federation leadership and acquired their administrative and ideological technologies, we need to plan for the future

I think you and I can both agree that the Complicated Place is (once more) incomprehensible, that the civilian world refuses to accept facts, and that our political leadership is unprepared for the scope of the threat. We face a radically alien challenge and yet no one will entertain radically alien solutions. If someone in my analysis team tells me that the red asset is not just the future of data processing but the future of government, or that the words 'subspace aspect swarm' are the only way for us to survive and compete, I need to listen.

We need a lever we can use on the big problems. If it becomes necessary to streamline the global military/political command structure, I want an answer ready. Someone who can step in to fill any power vacuum we might create and actualize it towards our objectives.

Is anyone running CINCSOL?

FOOTER BEGINS
Thank you relay3.
You're welcome, truth!
FOOTER ENDS

I am generally of the opinion that information should not be suppressed.  The more you try to suppress information, the more attention it garners.  You lend credibility to these "misinformational" ideas by your attempts to suppress them.

I might be willing to play along, but I would have to be thoroughly convinced that whatever imperative you are serving really does outweigh the imperative of the free and unfettered exchange of knowledge and ideas.

What dire consequences are you so afraid of?
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

A Derelict reference! (Kyle Athanas)

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class

He's probably talking about AoA. When the 14th BG went missing some people in the GTVA SecCon must have proposed to collapse the node. According to this, they thought the vishnans had made the BG disappear by request of the UEF.

Ah yes, that makes a lot more sense on the 2nd reading.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

I am generally of the opinion that information should not be suppressed.  The more you try to suppress information, the more attention it garners.  You lend credibility to these "misinformational" ideas by your attempts to suppress them.

I might be willing to play along, but I would have to be thoroughly convinced that whatever imperative you are serving really does outweigh the imperative of the free and unfettered exchange of knowledge and ideas.

What dire consequences are you so afraid of?

The enemy can't defeat us in battle. Their only hope is to convince people to turn against the government. We've been honest with you, and we've given you a clear picture of the information in play. We're not trying to suppress anything. We just want you to read it with a critical eye and understand what it was written to achieve.

Anyone who remembers our last civil conflict also remembers the doors it opened to something much worse. We have to stand together if we're going to survive. We have to trust our leadership to do everything necessary to secure our future.

Right now the mood in the office is pretty black. We may have suffered a serious setback and the extent of the damage is still unclear. Speaking personally, I think there's a very good chance that higher and more impersonal authorities are going to step into the situation. I don't hold any grudges for the choices some members of this community have made, but I'm afraid our superiors may not agree.

We suspect Truth's cell is also moving into an operational lull. Take the chance to consider who's given you better information so far, who has your best interests at heart, and how you can bring your community members up to speed.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:17:53 am by Granite Hunter »

Take the chance to consider who's given you better information so far, who has your best interests at heart, and how you can bring your community members up to speed.

But how are we to know that your organization has our best interests at heart? Information was concealed from us, and we were manipulated at every turn.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
SmashMonkey does have a point. I'm sure we're all trying to help you, but I could understand people feeling you seem reluctant to explain who you are or what is happening here. If the people here are to trust you, you need to trust the people here; trust works both ways. If anything knowing the full situation would help us understand why this 'misinformation' is indeed misinformation; otherwise people can't help but wonder about the things you don't tell us. It's a classic problem; you push something underground, it becomes hard to keep control of.

I'm sure many have come to the assumption (as I have) that you work for GTI. SOC? What department? Who do you report to? People fear what they don't know, and fear equals mistrust. I bet many here want to trust you and your Operatives; all you need to do is let them. Don't work on us; work with us.

As I said I'm sure many of us want to help you, but we can't force people to just comply, we need people to be confident that it is moraly and ethically right to comply, and that means information. No shadows, no retractions, no codenames.

EDIT: Sorry, maybe I'm going a little above my station there. I only say it to try and be of help; correct information is important; too much has been ruined by misinformation and shadow games so can understand why your being so paranoid, but if we don't know, we don't know, that simple. I can't speak for everyone on the board of course, but that's my take.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 12:07:15 pm by T-Man »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.