Author Topic: The Story of Captain Genady, the unexpected fighter pilot.  (Read 1459 times)

The Story of Captain Genady, the unexpected fighter pilot.
So apparently you can give beta 1 your Katana in "The Blade Itself". Battuta even stated this wasn't a bug, but a feature. So I decided to have some fun with it. You can just imagine how this situation came to be.

Tevs show up in the Europa orbit. Bowman Station has been rigged with nukes.
Ivan Genady: Well, crap. If I'm going to have a chance of getting away from this I'm going to need a lot more speed than a Karuna can give me. Beta 1 walks by, hard thoughts on his mind. He's going into battle, REAL BATTLE. The though of being near beams terrifies him, he knows they won't target him but the thought of being sliced apart by a missed slasher isn't pleasant. He walks up to his Captain, looking for some encouragement.

Ivan Genady: Ensign, before you say anything, I need to inspect your fighter. You know how unreliable Kents can be, I need to personally make sure none of my brave pilots die due to weapons jamming or other malfunctions. Ivan climbs into the cockpit, starts the kent and prepares for launch.

BTW YOU'RE IN CHARGE OF THE KATANA, HAVE FUN WITH THE NUKES. BYE!

A lone kentauroi speeds out.

Sorry about the crappy audio, my recording setup is completely **** as I don't usually do this.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Re: The Story of Captain Genady, the unexpected fighter pilot.
Well, that's .... something. Dodging the incoming Katana was a cool thing. Must've utterly borked up the AI.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Re: The Story of Captain Genady, the unexpected fighter pilot.
1440p? nice setup you have there

didn't know you could do this. might give it a try sometime