Author Topic: FS2_Launcher OS X 3.0  (Read 118402 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Re: FS2_Launcher OS X 3.0
You do not change mods from that list. You need to go to the Gameplay + Speed tab and click on the drop-down list in the Selected Mod field. A picture has been attached to this post for your reference.

The drop-down list at the top of the window applies only to standalone mods, i.e. mods that do not require any component of FS2_Open, such as the mediavps, to run. However, all standalone mods can still be run normally from the Selected Mods list. For instance, The Babylon Project, despite being standalone, can still be run as a mod if you place the relevant vps into a new subfolder and use the Selected Mods list to choose that folder.

On an additional note, if you want to run FS2 with retail eye-candy, all you need to do is select the text in the Selected Mods field and delete it. This disables all mods and runs only the vps stored in the root folder.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:02:39 am by Androgeos Exeunt »
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Tracer

Yay!

Offline Hoot

• Jugger. First *real* post-apocalyptic sport.
Just a note on maybe confusing behaviour I had encoundered here:

If you play using wx_launcher and set a mod, but then switch to FS2_Launcher later, the command line options of wx_launcher stay in the command line (so you have mod and mediavps commands twice, which may lead to strange behaviour like in my case).

Solution was to start a game using wx_launcher set to "no mod", then quit the game and wx_launcher. After that I had a clean command line.
First encounter: ELITE. Later: X-Wing. The eclipse: FS2O. Ah, and a fan of post-apocalyptic Jugger in real life.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Unfortunately, that solution won't work in all cases, such as when there are flags checked in wxLauncher's advanced settings. The wiki's article on FS2_Launcher has a section "If you have problems when you use one launcher and then the other one" that explains the issue.

Also, FS2_Launcher is no longer supported, because Soulstorm has said that he's no longer maintaining or developing it.

wxLauncher is now the standard launcher on OS X.

Offline ptesone

Trying the wxlauncher in OSX Mavericks 10.9
when browsing for game folder I Browse to /Applications/Freespace2 and it just keeps asking me to choose a FS2 root game folder over and over again. .  .trying windows version now with crossover. . .

EDIT: it says in the bttom status: "Folder Freespace2 does not have any supported executables"
I'm using GoG version
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 09:48:31 am by ptesone »

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Trying the wxlauncher in OSX Mavericks 10.9
when browsing for game folder I Browse to /Applications/Freespace2 and it just keeps asking me to choose a FS2 root game folder over and over again. .  .trying windows version now with crossover. . .
Please post in the offical wxLauncher thread and follow the troubleshooting steps from the official thread. Thanks.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline danslb

Hello all,
I am, unfortunately still o a PPC G5 and need the launcher for it. Any change of someone updating the broken download link ?
Thanks a lot

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Is wxLauncher not in a PPC/x86 universal app format?  It's the preferred solution at this point where usable.  If not I have soulstorm's launcher somewhere and can get you a link if nothing turns up.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline danslb

Is wxLauncher not in a PPC/x86 universal app format?  It's the preferred solution at this point where usable.

No it says its Intel only.

IIf not I have soulstorm's launcher somewhere and can get you a link if nothing turns up.
That would be really great!
Thanks

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Unstickied as we should probably be using wxLauncher exclusively on Mac for now.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays