Author Topic: HLP Newsletter - April 2017  (Read 4247 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: HLP Newsletter - April 2017
Hi,

Good newsletter as always. A good reminder this community is still live and productive, esspecially Black Wolf - you are the [please insert description you find most flattering here].

... but Axem, could you please add a little shout-out to that I am taking questions about the The Lost Generation - Ashcroft during the month?
I know that it came late and pushed up against April 1st (i know my insomnia makes me difficult to work with), but I kinda rely on it to draw up a scheudle and material for the trailers planned for May (and as my beta testers keep telling me the stuff that's worth seeing isn't exaclty trailer material).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 06:15:13 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Wow, gosh, I did not expect to see my silly engine manager script mentioned here. Not an unpleasant thing to wake up to :) Thanks, Axem.

Offline Torchwood

• Mechanical Templar
Woo, I made the news! Nice. Thanks for the mention, I'm determined to do my best not to disappoint.

Alas, victory was snatched from me by a destroyer going beams-hot at the moment of triumph... feels like Delenda Est all over again :(. But I don't mind losing to Homeworld, my favourite space RTS ever.

The shield decal link is wrong; it links to a feature request regarding Lua and netcode.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
DOH! My bad, I will fix the link tonight (come on brain, remember)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Axem

0rph3u5: I have added the shout-out. Also I must apologize for mixing up your campaigns. I had the entry as being from Of Shivans and Men when it was supposed to be The Lost Generation - Ashcroft. Sorry 'about that! :(