Author Topic: [WIP] The Aftermath II: The Blue Guardian  (Read 2131 times)

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Re: [WIP] The Aftermath II: The Blue Guardian
Weaving both CT's ideas and my mine is going smoothly. We are on the same page.

NOTE: the OP is updated.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
As of today, I completed the plot for Acts 1 and 2. All the written material, the briefings and dialogues, and additional intel entries. Now working on Act 3.

I may also insert a system viewer. If I can then the Reboot will have additional material as well like strategic war campaign maps. Now, this is nice. This move is not yet final. I will have to do a great deal of experimenting and learning.

The OP is updated with the current progress.

Offline Nyctaeus

• Betrayal is his middle name
  • HLP Tileraping Division
    • Exile
To the owner of Guiness world record in FS campaign length division: please make it shorter :P. More focus on crucial events, rather than too much random battles. Trust me, I'm owner of previous world record and I know what I'm saying :D.

Good luck Dude. I'm awaiting for more news!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | DA Profile | P3D Profile

MY RELEASED CONTENT SO FAR
Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack | Updated Ancients Models
All of my stuff can be used ONLY in Freespace campaigns and missions.

Veteran modder and graphic designer of all kinds. 3D is my speciality. Feel free to PM me if you looking for a model or other GFX help.

Offline CT27

To the owner of Guiness world record in FS campaign length division: please make it shorter :P. More focus on crucial events, rather than too much random battles. Trust me, I'm owner of previous world record and I know what I'm saying :D.

I thought Derelict was the longest?

Offline Nyctaeus

• Betrayal is his middle name
  • HLP Tileraping Division
    • Exile

I thought Derelict was the longest?
Derelict is 45+1 credits mission long. Extended SG is 47 :P. It's nothing compared to 68-mission long Aftermath anyway.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | DA Profile | P3D Profile

MY RELEASED CONTENT SO FAR
Old Conversions | GTSD Anchorage | ORFg Tychicus | GTCa Sagittarius | SCv Scylla | EFC Evangelist | EFFg Solomon | GTL Latona | SC Raguel | PVD Atum | GTCv Eurynome | FractalSpace - Apophysis Skydome Pack | Updated Ancients Models
All of my stuff can be used ONLY in Freespace campaigns and missions.

Veteran modder and graphic designer of all kinds. 3D is my speciality. Feel free to PM me if you looking for a model or other GFX help.

Offline CT27

We're planning on cutting that down for the sequel.  It should be closer to 50 this time.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Well, it will be around 35. Only relevant crucial events to justify the plot. Creating another 60+ missions campaign is daunting. I learned that lesson. At least that worked good the first time plus the story might tend to "digres" if it is very long when it should be focused.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 08:36:40 pm by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I AM BACK FROM THE WAR.

For those who have not heard, I was reactivated to active military duty (after a long time) two days after our president declared Martial Law on the island of Mindanao. I was doing battle assessment in the conflict in Marawi City, away from home. Meaning, I was right in the battlefield and expected to help in the fighting as I was also fully armed. My role over there is not direct combat but to analyze rebel movement and civilians then sending sitreps to HQ. Since I was attached to a combat platoon, I was also doing combat. Knocked down a dozen rebels and saved quite a number of civilians. It was hell as expected in a war. Felt scared everyday but that only heightened my awareness and reflexes. It was years since my last tour but I still have it considering my age. There were a lot of soldiers killed, all heroes in my book. There were a lot of wounded and, eventually, I was one of them. I got hit in my leg by granade shrapnel. Just a flesh wound.

They sent me home. Another officer replaced me. I treasured the happy looks on my daughters happy face when I came back still alive. I am glad to be alive.  I thought I will be discharged but, apparently not. I am even due for promotion to Captain. I will be active until I retire in 4 years. This will be an added daily routine because I will be reporting to HQ regularly and I have 2 grocery stores to run.

Now, I am back to modding. I may use what I have learned in making the sequel especially the rebel's guerilla tactics, their ruthlessness.

PS: Even my ex-wife is glad to see me. That's new.   :lol:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 09:27:43 pm by herkie423 »

Offline CT27

For those of you who are wondering about who the characters in this campaign will be, I can tell you some of their names here (at least on the protagonist side...revealing who some of the bad guys are would be a plot spoiler at this point I think):

Protagonist faction main cast list:

Lt. Commander Courtney Aguilar (player character)
Admiral Neil Cartwright
Admiral John Richter
Captain Khenti
Commander Christopher Snipes
Admiral Tet
Commodore Robert Prescott
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 06:58:33 pm by CT27 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I am resuming my study and experiments on the "Journal System" and the "System Viewer." Speaking of the system viewer with the in-game jumping, this has the potential to revive the game "Freelancer"

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I AM BACK FROM THE WAR.

For those who have not heard, I was reactivated to active military duty (after a long time) two days after our president declared Martial Law on the island of Mindanao. I was doing battle assessment in the conflict in Marawi City, away from home. Meaning, I was right in the battlefield and expected to help in the fighting as I was also fully armed. My role over there is not direct combat but to analyze rebel movement and civilians then sending sitreps to HQ. Since I was attached to a combat platoon, I was also doing combat. Knocked down a dozen rebels and saved quite a number of civilians. It was hell as expected in a war. Felt scared everyday but that only heightened my awareness and reflexes. It was years since my last tour but I still have it considering my age. There were a lot of soldiers killed, all heroes in my book. There were a lot of wounded and, eventually, I was one of them. I got hit in my leg by granade shrapnel. Just a flesh wound.

They sent me home. Another officer replaced me. I treasured the happy looks on my daughters happy face when I came back still alive. I am glad to be alive.  I thought I will be discharged but, apparently not. I am even due for promotion to Captain. I will be active until I retire in 4 years. This will be an added daily routine because I will be reporting to HQ regularly and I have 2 grocery stores to run.

Now, I am back to modding. I may use what I have learned in making the sequel especially the rebel's guerilla tactics, their ruthlessness.

PS: Even my ex-wife is glad to see me. That's new.   :lol:
I don't live in that part of the world, I don't know the politics of the situation, and while I know of the Philippines I've never heard of the areas you've referred to.  All that said, I applaud you for your service to your country and your willingness to put yourself in harm's way to protect civilians.  I am relieved to hear that you came away without any serious or long-lasting injury and congratulate you on your pending promotion.  HLP welcomes you back.

We salute you.

Beam-free-all!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Thank you very much. It means a lot to me...

I am back to modding. Firing all beams.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Jesus.  Really glad to hear you made it back okay.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Ok. I cracked the "Journal Viewer" system. I tweaked the scripts a little and made a new journal screen and buttons and new font color. This is already added to the mod. Only the contents left to be added. It took me around 5 mind-cracking hours last night.

OP is updated

The new buttons and placement in the briefing screen:

The new journal screen:

EDIT: The journal system will be implemented for the Reboot Campaign as well. Since everything will be in the same mod folder, why not apply it. After I finish added the journal content for the Reboot, I will have it ready for download.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 05:07:35 am by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I have downloaded quite a number of models from the startrek universe (from FSFiles). I will focus on the romulan ship models and choose which I can use for the sequel. by the way, I will not be calling them "Romulans."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:44:51 am by herkie423 »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
God damn. You must be the most hardcore modder on the planet.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Really, I don't think so. He he. I'm still learning new tricks. But I have some moments. Thanks for the compliment. Let me have the privilege to say this to the creator of Blue Planet: Thank you for the inspiration. BP is the catalyst for me to start modding.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Now, on to the work...

I have completed the Journal system with all the contents (images and texts) and Message Box system which I tweaked a little. I will have it ready for the Reboot update.

There is an intermittent internet shut down in my location. Oh yes, I back in the war again. Unbelievable! But I brought my laptop to continue working on the sequel. Modding is stress reliever for me especially now. It helps me take my mind off the danger.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
No dice with the downloaded Romulan (or the others) ship models. The are extremely low-poly, single-skeleton pieces and no turrets. Not even a single object I can use a turret. If I import a goemetry using the POF editor, it will not have a texture link. I can edit it using Blender but I don't know how to texture it there (assigning texture to the vertex faces).

The only model I found acceptable is the Kazon R which is almost 1mb with turret objects that are basically single-faced sheets of squares!

I am going to redirect my search elsewhere. Any acceptable and complete alien destroyer model I can find will do. I need only one.

The OP is updated.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 08:14:34 pm by herkie423 »

Offline CT27

I'll add that another character from "Reboot" will be returning to the sequel in addition to those I mentioned previously:

Robert Prescott