Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
I made a wrapper function and insert it to game_frame() just before game_flip...
To try and test some buffers techniques, it goes like this for now:

Code: [Select]
void gr_opengl_stretch_buffer()
{
//glDrawBuffer(GL_BACK);
glClearColor(0.f, 1.f, 0.f, 0.5f);
//glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
//Render quad
GL_state.PopFramebufferState();
GL_state.Texture.Enable(0, GL_TEXTURE_2D, Scene_ldr_texture);
GL_state.Texture.Enable(1, GL_TEXTURE_2D, Scene_depth_texture);
opengl_draw_textured_quad(-0.5f, -1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);
//glBindFramebuffer(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, 1);
//glBlitFramebuffer(0, 0, gr_screen.max_w, gr_screen.max_h, 0, 0, gr_screen.max_w*2, gr_screen.max_h, GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT, GL_NEAREST);
//glDrawBuffer(GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0);
}

glClear shows that Framebuffer is of the full window size - that's good. But opengl_draw_textured_quad doesn't seem to do anything in this case.

I'll get to the second eye image later, there are many problems ahead.

I was able to run with RenderDoc - expectedly I was to disable Reshade, since two OpenGL hooks at once are to much. But I could do only one manual capture, after second one FSO crashes, alas.
The Modding Workshop / Re: What are you working on?
« Last post by Nyctaeus on December 18, 2017, 11:17:51 am »

I modelled this for BWO 2 years ago, than some real life problems occured and I had to disappear... But now I found it. With BWO is unlikely to be still active, I will make heavy, military dropship from it, and release it.

This baby needs name :P . Suggestions?
FS2 Open Coding - The Source Code Project (SCP) / Re: The CMake build system
« Last post by m!m on December 18, 2017, 11:17:27 am »
It has been some time since I used VS2013 but I think the error log is in the same tab pane as the error list but I don't know the exact title of the tab.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't see the edit...

EDIT2: Try updating Visual Studio (or just install the community version of VS2017). That code definitely compiles with VS2013 so this is likely some sort of compiler bug that has been fixed in a later version.
« Last post by den5 on December 18, 2017, 11:10:36 am »
This appeared in the error list. Where i can find full error log?

this from output
1>------ Skipped Build: Project: clean_cotire, Configuration: Release x64 ------
1>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
2>------ Skipped Build: Project: code_pch_pre, Configuration: Release x64 ------
2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
3>------ Build started: Project: code, Configuration: Release x64 ------
3>cl : Command line warning D9025: overriding '/Zm170' with '/Zm200'
3>  cmdline.cpp
3>  cutscenes.cpp
3>  movie.cpp
3>  VideoPresenter.cpp
3>  AudioDecoder.cpp
3>  FFMPEGDecoder.cpp
3>  internal.cpp
3>  SubtitleDecoder.cpp
3>  VideoDecoder.cpp
3>  ddsutils.cpp
3>  console.cpp
3>  consolecmds.cpp
3>  consoleparse.cpp
3>  def_files-win32.cpp
3>  exceptionhandler.cpp
3>  fireballs.cpp
3>  warpineffect.cpp
3>  contexthelp.cpp
3>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\code\sound/openal.h(26): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
3>  (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1325)
3>   To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
3>  Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
3>   Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information (C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\code\cutscene\movie.cpp)
3>  INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64\CL.exe'
3>      Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
3>      Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
3>  gameplayhelp.cpp
3>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\code\sound/openal.h(26): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
3>  (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1325)
3>   To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
3>  Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
3>   Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information (C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\code\cmdline\cmdline.cpp)
3>  INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64\CL.exe'
3>      Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
3>      Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
3>cl : Command line error D8040: error creating or communicating with child process
4>------ Build started: Project: Freespace2, Configuration: Release x64 ------
5>------ Build started: Project: FRED2, Configuration: Release x64 ------
4>  freespace.cpp
5>  initialstatus.cpp
5>  missionsave.cpp
5>  restrictpaths.cpp
5>  setglobalshipflags.cpp
5>  sexp_tree.cpp
5>  shieldsysdlg.cpp
5>  ship_select.cpp
5>  shipchecklistbox.cpp
4>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\code\sound/openal.h(26): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
4>  (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1325)
4>   To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
4>  Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
4>   Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
4>  INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64\CL.exe'
4>      Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
4>      Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
6>------ Skipped Build: Project: launch_fso, Configuration: Release x64 ------
6>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
5>  shipclasseditordlg.cpp
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp(464): error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)'
5>          With the following template arguments:
5>          'T=Ship::Ship_Flags'
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp(465): error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)'
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp(466): error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)'
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp(467): error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)'
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp(468): error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)'
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp(469): error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)'
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp(470): error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)'
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp(484): error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)'
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp(485): error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)'
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp(486): error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)'
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp(487): error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)'
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp(488): error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)'
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp(489): error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)'
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp(490): error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)'
5>  shipeditordlg.cpp
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\code\sound/openal.h(26): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
5>  (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1325)
5>   To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
5>  Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
5>   Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information (C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\sexp_tree.cpp)
5>  INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64\CL.exe'
5>      Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
5>      Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
5>C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\code\sound/openal.h(26): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
5>  (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1325)
5>   To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
5>  Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
5>   Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information (C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\missionsave.cpp)
5>  INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\bin\x86_amd64\CL.exe'
5>      Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
5>      Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
5>cl : Command line error D8040: error creating or communicating with child process
7>------ Skipped Build: Project: INSTALL, Configuration: Release x64 ------
7>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
8>------ Skipped Build: Project: PACKAGE, Configuration: Release x64 ------
8>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 3 failed, 11 up-to-date, 5 skipped ==========
Test Builds / Re: GGX Lighting Model
« Last post by DahBlount on December 18, 2017, 11:05:00 am »
*snip*
That being said, I strongly recommend doing an update sometime soon, if that is at all possible.
This. Any card that supports OpenGL 3.2 or later can run FSO, but with the advent of Deferred Lighting, Soft Shadows, and PBR, newer gpus are highly recommended.
« Last post by m!m on December 18, 2017, 10:58:58 am »
Is that the entire log output? Visual Studio usually shows more detailed error messages in the full log output.
« Last post by den5 on December 18, 2017, 10:55:11 am »
Hello! I tried to compile fs2_open and I got these errors. What's wrong? I'm using visual studio 2013 ultimate

Warning 3 warning D9025: overriding '/Zm170' with '/Zm200' C:\fs2_OSE\code\cl code
Warning 4 warning D9025: overriding '/Zm170' with '/Zm200' C:\fs2_OSE\code\cl code
Warning 5 warning D9025: overriding '/Zm170' with '/Zm200' C:\fs2_OSE\code\cl code
Warning 6 warning D9025: overriding '/Zm170' with '/Zm200' C:\fs2_OSE\code\cl code
Warning 7 warning D9025: overriding '/Zm170' with '/Zm200' C:\fs2_OSE\code\cl code
Warning 8 warning D9025: overriding '/Zm170' with '/Zm200' C:\fs2_OSE\code\cl code
Warning 9 warning D9025: overriding '/Zm170' with '/Zm200' C:\fs2_OSE\code\cl code
Warning 10 warning D9025: overriding '/Zm170' with '/Zm200' C:\fs2_OSE\code\cl code
Warning 11 warning D9025: overriding '/Zm170' with '/Zm200' C:\fs2_OSE\code\cl code
Warning 12 warning D9025: overriding '/Zm170' with '/Zm200' C:\fs2_OSE\code\cl code
Warning 1 warning D9025: overriding '/W3' with '/w' C:\fs2_OSE\lib\opengl\gl\cl glad
Warning 2 warning D9025: overriding '/W3' with '/w' C:\fs2_OSE\lib\opengl\gl\cl glad_wgl
Error 14 error D8040: error creating or communicating with child process C:\fs2_OSE\code\cl code
Error 16 error D8040: error creating or communicating with child process C:\fs2_OSE\freespace2\cl Freespace2
Error 32 error D8040: error creating or communicating with child process C:\fs2_OSE\fred2\cl FRED2
Error 17 error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)' C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp 464 1 FRED2
Error 18 error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)' C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp 465 1 FRED2
Error 19 error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)' C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp 466 1 FRED2
Error 20 error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)' C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp 467 1 FRED2
Error 21 error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)' C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp 468 1 FRED2
Error 22 error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)' C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp 469 1 FRED2
Error 23 error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)' C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp 470 1 FRED2
Error 24 error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)' C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp 484 1 FRED2
Error 25 error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)' C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp 485 1 FRED2
Error 26 error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)' C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp 486 1 FRED2
Error 27 error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)' C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp 487 1 FRED2
Error 28 error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)' C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp 488 1 FRED2
Error 29 error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)' C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp 489 1 FRED2
Error 30 error C2893: Failed to specialize function template 'void handle_inconsistent_flag(flagset<T,T::NUM_VALUES> &,T,int)' C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\fred2\initialstatus.cpp 490 1 FRED2
Error 13 error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler. C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\code\sound\openal.h 26 1 code
Error 15 error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler. C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\code\sound\openal.h 26 1 Freespace2
Error 31 error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler. C:\Users\Denis\Documents\GitHub\fs2open.github.com\code\sound\openal.h 26 1 FRED2
Mission & Campaign Releases / Re: RELEASE: Legion's Demise- a playable FS2 Intro!
« Last post by tomimaki on December 18, 2017, 10:06:07 am »
It's nice short campaign. It takes another aproach on known events.
First mission keeps me occupied all time. I wonder
Spoiler:
if it's possible to save all cruisers.
Second mission is interesting too with some plot twist. Btw why not to make to use support ship later if departed and successfully landed on Thylacine? :P

Well done.  :yes:

I suggest -mod.tbm to hide other campaigns. ;)
#CAMPAIGN SETTINGS
$Default Campaign File Name: Legion's Demise camp

#Ignored Campaign File Names
$Campaign File Name: FS1Templar
$Campaign File Name: SilentThreat
$Campaign File Name: freespace

#END
Multiplayer / Re: Network Settings Not Saving
« Last post by krevett62 on December 18, 2017, 10:02:38 am »
Yes i'm really sure but anyway I have encountered no errors while using portable mode (and i'm the kind of guy who like to have his saves in the game folder rather than c:/users/myname/roaming... I never install anything in program files as i have 4 hdd on my computer)
I can see it now. I was wrong in that I assumed there'd be a phase when resulting image is mapped to the "viewport" allowing to resize\stretch it (like in numerous examples about glViewport). But instead it is all layered up (HUD, shadows, etc.) in Backbuffer, which is logical enough if you're not planning any windows resize, etc.
Our post processing pass may be exactly what you are looking for: https://github.com/scp-fs2open/fs2open.github.com/blob/master/code/graphics/opengl/gropenglpostprocessing.cpp#L427

That, and the code above that line, draws the scene texture to the backbuffer. You could try using that to duplicate the scene for both eyes. I don't know enough about how that stereoscopic reprojection shader works to say anything more about this though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10