Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
I have been stuck on the "Playing Judas" mission for hours.  I scan all of the targets that come through until the Lucifer jumps in and then get told to dock with it.  When I fly close, all of the Arjuna fighters go inside but I am never detected by Rama.  Ive tried shooting the fighters as they dock and tried destroying the sentries and shooting at Lucifer but nothing works.  Without the detection I am stuck since my drives never fix themselves. 

With great effort I found ONE other person with the same problem here, though it doesnt seem relevant to today since it is from 2005:

I tested purposefully trying to be detected earlier in the mission and can be.  Shooting or flying too close to Arjuna or the sentries at any point immediately has them attack me.  Once I scan the Lucifer it no longer lets me be detected.  Are there any ideas to a fix, or is it possible to edit my save to skip the mission entirely?
Gaming Discussion / Re: Steam sells an empty folder
« Last post by Snarks on March 19, 2018, 09:51:17 pm »
So I've released a game on Steam myself, and I can confirm that they do actually try to launch the game to verify its content, as they try to make sure everything advertised on the store page is accurate. The issue is that the developer is allowed to upload a new build after the review is over, which doesn't get checked at all.

That said, this means there is in fact someone on the other end booting up a game and at least getting to the menu screen. And this means a real person is actually sampling all the shovelware that gets put on Steam.
The Modding Workshop / Error message after switching from my mod to another
« Last post by SL1 on March 19, 2018, 07:43:06 pm »
Over the weekend, I put together a few pilot head anis that I'd like to post here and get feedback on. Unfortunately, I'm having a problem.

I used the .eff method to make the anis, because I had trouble understanding the tutorials I found for making ani files. I used FRED 2 Open to make a mission that sends messages for each ani, as a demonstration. Then I put everything into a VP using Maja, so I could upload it as a mod instead of a bunch of loose files. The launcher recognizes the VP and allows me to activate it as a mod, and the demo mission runs as intended. The problem occurs when I try to switch back to another mod afterwards. When I switch to another mod and try to choose my pilot, I get this error message: "The pilot savefile for this campaign is invalid for the current mod. Please select another campaign or switch to the correct mod in order to use this campaign."

The problem seems to fix itself if I quit the game, select "no mod" in the launcher, launch the game, quit, and re-launch with a mod activated. Still, I don't want to cause people inconvenience, and because I've never made a mod for this game before, I'm not sure that I haven't caused some major screwup. I've obviously done something wrong, because this doesn't happen when switching between other mods. So if anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it.
General Discussion / Re: *SPOILER THREAD* Ready Player One
« Last post by AdmiralRalwood on March 19, 2018, 06:47:40 pm »
spoiler alert: it's not good
Multiplayer / Re: How to set up PXO multiplayer
« Last post by AdmiralRalwood on March 19, 2018, 06:45:30 pm »
If you plan on playing often, ask MageKing17 to add you to the multi group so that you too can be notified when someone wants to play.
And if I'm not awake, any moderator can grant people roles.
Diaspora Tech Help / Re: Landings and Takeoffs
« Last post by karajorma on March 19, 2018, 06:45:14 pm »
how do I add this for the player ship?

Red 1 was the player ship in that example.
« Last post by PVD_Hope on March 19, 2018, 06:44:07 pm »
Ohey, I didn't realize that the Diaspora method was different. That's interesting.  :yes:
« Last post by mightyjoe83 on March 19, 2018, 06:25:19 pm »
how do I add this for the player ship?
Gaming Discussion / Re: What are you playing right now?
« Last post by Novachen on March 19, 2018, 05:32:29 pm »
Played through EPIC finally.

Actually i found out a method to find this Fuelling ships quite easy. Photon Torpedos are the answer, because they have a targeting computer. But you can only use it only if you have any Torpedos (which are more like missiles) left.
But with that, it was not a big problem, even tricky at times and so the missions are not an issue anymore.

Well.. it is still nothing more than a Graphic Demo with some BSG78 and ST:TOS asset. I would say... both Star Cruiser as well Wing Commander which are both older, are much better.
The only think i liked about that is that it indeed have big space battles.

Well i do not think, that the Amiga exclusive Mission Disk, that consists of nothing more than 2 missions, will make a big difference, but i will try it out for my Playthrough channel for sure.

But before, i think i am playing through another campaign of Critical Depth.
Gaming Discussion / Re: What are you playing right now?
« Last post by Akalabeth Angel on March 19, 2018, 05:07:25 pm »
Playing Broforce, pretty fun but it's crashed about 20 times so far which cuts into the enjoyment heavily.
Yeah, Broforce is super fun, but even after several years it still feels like an unstable beta, especially in 4-player games.

The executable is even called "broforce_beta.exe" or somesuch. Kinda ridiculous.
I can't progress in the game anymore because it keeps locking in one of the hell-in-america stages. I may transfer my saves from my tablet to the computer to see if it's just a performance issue. Maybe my Asus tablet is under spec who knows.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10