Author Topic: SOON TO BE RELEASED: The Aftermath:Reboot by Herkie423 and Cyborg17  (Read 50809 times)

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Re: WIP: The Aftermath:Reboot by Herkie423 and Cyborg17
Sadly, I will be delayed. I decided to redo the interface screens, main halls, and loading screens (All of them) to adapt with the 16:9 screen format. After that, 2 cut scenes and 20 more CB Anims static images. Then, finally, one last run down testing. I have to make it right before I release this.

Offline CT27

I think we'd all rather wait a week or two longer and have a better campaign rather than something being rushed.  At least you're making progress. :)

By the way Herkie, I've heard in the news a lot about some major storms happening in the western Pacific, is that affecting you in the Philippines?  Hopefully you're okay.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I think we'd all rather wait a week or two longer and have a better campaign rather than something being rushed.  At least you're making progress. :)

By the way Herkie, I've heard in the news a lot about some major storms happening in the western Pacific, is that affecting you in the Philippines?  Hopefully you're okay.

Now, that is a great thought. It is better to delay a little more than to release a half-baked product like I did the first version of The Aftermath. Anyway, I have completed adapting the interface screens for 16:9 format. but I still retain the 4:3 Interface folder and it will be an optional download. The CB Anims are done and so are the tech anims. So right now, 2 more cutscenes (which I will finish in two days) and John Richter's Diary --- I will do those write ups along with my final production testing. I still have to do a run down with all the missions in campaign format. The Alpha testing is over. We'll I guess it is safe to say that I am really almost done. Whew... The mod has no problem in running with the SCP 3.7.4. I have fixed the models myself and I have learned a great deal and my gratitude goes to Niffiwan, he gave the link of the new POF editor. Because of him, my mod assets are updated, because of him I learned how to fix models and because of him, my mod's assets are free of errors (so far). This endeavor is just as hard as putting up a new grocery store but I enjoy it. Maybe next week I will start the arduous, laborious process of uploading the mod to my MediaFire account.

Ok, regarding the storms this month, I am not really affected here except for heavy rains which are not actually connected with the typhoon. But the internet connection is going haywire! I am OK here in Mindanao. It's the Luzon area that is really in hot water or should I say cold water.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 05:48:46 am by herkie423 »

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
GUYS, is it safe for me me to change the main thread title to "SOON TO BE RELEASED"?

Offline CT27

If you think it will be released within a month or so then I'd say it'd be okay to add "Soon to be released" to the thread title.

Also, just a reminder, if you want potentially more people to be able to see the campaign, contact Goober5000 about trying to get the campaign added to the official FSO Installer.  I'm sorry I can't be more helpful with that particular process.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
If you think it will be released within a month or so then I'd say it'd be okay to add "Soon to be released" to the thread title.

Also, just a reminder, if you want potentially more people to be able to see the campaign, contact Goober5000 about trying to get the campaign added to the official FSO Installer.  I'm sorry I can't be more helpful with that particular process.

Hmmm..... I think I will bypass the "Soon to release." I might jinx it again.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I am now in the laborious process of uploading the mod files. This will take time considering the speed of internet here.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
PROJECT UPDATE:

The big VPs (models, maps, cbanims, interface, effects, hud, fonts, sounds and music folders) are uploaded already. What is left are the missions, fiction and tables folders which will be the Root VP. The last VP will be uploaded once I finish my final testing and the fiction files. Once that is done, the project will be released to Beta testers. For those who are interested please PM me.

Offline CT27

Sorry for what may be a simple question:  What's the difference between Alpha testing and Beta testing?

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Well, Alpha testing is the first line of of testing usually to find bugs, errors and basis for product revisions during development stage. I directly observed my alpha testers, asking questions as they go along in their testing and getting their feedback. Beta testing is the final testing in the consumer end to get a broader scope of what the people think.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
PROJECT UPDATE:

I AM DONE!!!

Final testing is complete (no bugs encountered so far) and all the files have been uploaded to my Media Fire account. After one year of development, after the typhoons, the disasters, my city's internet and electricity problems, my ex-wife's rantings,...Hell, I was even hospitalized. In spite of that,  I am finished. I will PM Goober5000 to have it hosted...I hope. I am also changing my OP title to "Soon To Be Released." Finally.

Now, what's next...Oh...

I NEED BETA TESTERS. FOR THOSE INTERESTED, PLEASE PM ME. ;)

Download links will be sent through PM. I will be online after two days to check my inbox.

Phew!  :D

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Re: SOON TO BE RELEASED: The Aftermath:Reboot by Herkie423 and Cyborg17
ANNOUNCEMENT:

I will release The Aftermath:Reboot campaign in ONE WEEK, November 14, 2016.

Hell...I can released now if I want to but there is still the BETA testing period. So, stay tune.

Offline CT27

Great work, I'm looking forward to it.  :)

Hopefully you and Goober can get in on the FSO Installer, that thing makes it quite a bit easier for people to download campaigns.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
PROJECT UPDATE:

I checked my inbox and I found it empty. There were no interested Beta Testers. :( Well, that's Ok. The mode has been tested anyways. I guess, if there are bugs, that will be fixed easily by updates. I have packed the VPs in such a way that the "volatile" files (Tables, Missions, TBMs, fiction Files, etc.) are packed in a small VP around 2mb.

Goober5000 had also sent me the criteria for project hosting...I did not pass a number of conditions. The number of missions for starters, the limit is 20 and I have 68. In other words, I not qualify. He did said that he will consider it. I haven't got his response yet but until then, I AM RELEASING THE PROJECT. There is no reason to delay this anymore...So I am posting a release page today.

Offline Axem

I think the story is a little different with regards to hosting if you've actually released something... The criteria are mostly to try and encourage people to release something, typical 60+ mission campaigns don't typically get too far, while a better chance is with something in the 20 mission range.

Anyway I don't see how that would apply to you since you've released the whole thing. :)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I think the story is a little different with regards to hosting if you've actually released something... The criteria are mostly to try and encourage people to release something, typical 60+ mission campaigns don't typically get too far, while a better chance is with something in the 20 mission range.

Anyway I don't see how that would apply to you since you've released the whole thing. :)

I had a similar talk with Goober recently, and things are different post release
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline CT27

Again, I'm very glad this got released.  Too bad it couldn't get on the FSO Installer though, a lot of people use that for easy installations.