Author Topic: bp universe campaign?  (Read 1554 times)

bp universe campaign?
Hey all. Im working on a campaign within the BP universe and was wondering if anyone here would like something like this.

A little bit about it without ruining it for you. It takes place roughly the same as what is happening in war in heaven...but have you ever wondered why all those fancy new ships the GTVA has dont just run back to earth to crush the feds? well..my campaign tells why...there's a new faction in town...people who arent happy with what the GTVA is doing...and so what do they do...start a civil war. the terran confederation seperates and about 1/3 of the GTVA fleet and systems go with them. you fly a LT in a SOC unit and make your way in the universe.

i have 2 missions done right now..and im working on a third....they dont have a lot of player input mostly trying to build up the story a bit before bringing the player in to do the heavy lifting.

what do yall think?

would anyone like to try my two missions I have complete and give me input on how to improve the quality of them?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: bp universe campaign?
Hey all. Im working on a campaign within the BP universe and was wondering if anyone here would like something like this.

You will always find an audience for FS2 content here ... Tastes of course differ but if you pitch it right (e.g. screenshots are a good start) you can attract a bigger audience, esspecially among the veterans who have less time to invest and do more filtering (or have long backlogs)...

would anyone like to try my two missions I have complete and give me input on how to improve the quality of them?

While I cannot help you in person (busy working on a release myself), let me invite you over to the "FRED Workshop" for discussion of WIP material:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?board=89.0

Please keep in mind that the structure of forum was recently overhauled, so traffic may still be confused and take a while to get there (I still go to the "Mission and Campaign Release"-board out of force of habit)

A personal tip:
Focus on making a technical sound release first, then start going into deep stories and fancy new additions. It helps when are doing something fancy to have the basics down.

ps. Do we still do welcome-beams?
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Re: bp universe campaign?
I appreciate the words of wisdom boss. When I have the time I'll hop over the workshop to check it out.