Author Topic: Recommendations for free drive cloning software?  (Read 3883 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Recommendations for free drive cloning software?
This wasn't even cloning a system drive, it was cloning an auxiliary data drive. You don't need to **** around trying to find something that can clone in-use files.

The second part of my post was for curious posterity's sake, not for this situation.  As I mentioned, FastCopy is currently the best (speed-wise) for copying everything from point A to B as quickly as possible.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Do any of those work as a straight replacement for Windows Drag and Drop? Cause I ****ing hate the Windows 10 copy what with it's habit of not opening warning messages and just having to spot that the taskbar icon has gone red.

But I really don't want to have to open a separate program just to copy files.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Do any of those work as a straight replacement for Windows Drag and Drop? Cause I ****ing hate the Windows 10 copy what with it's habit of not opening warning messages and just having to spot that the taskbar icon has gone red.

But I really don't want to have to open a separate program just to copy files.

Yes.  There are.  FastCopy won't replace (to my knowledge), but it will add to right-click drag&drop menu.  Also, you can modify it to do whatever you want.

For actual replacements (check out Teracopy) : http://lifehacker.com/5280976/five-best-alternative-file-copiers