Author Topic: Music question  (Read 1013 times)

So, this isn't really that important (unless it turns out to have wider implications than I've realized), but I have a question about the music available in bpcomplete. I'm planning to do a preliminary release of a bunch of missions for Mantle once I've finished my final pass on them. Now, I have plans for what I want the soundtrack to be eventually, but getting ahold of it may be difficult and I don't want to attempt it prematurely. So for this release I'm just going to halfass it and use tracks from Blue Planet, since I'm relying on that modpack anyway.

Except that like two-thirds of the soundtrack is missing. All that's listed is the standard FS2 tracks and then like six others. (Also some of the names are borked. Both Second Reality and Machine are recut variants of Deus Ex Machina, rather than the original ones corresponding to those names that are on Youtube -- one from an old PC demo, and another that's apparently a remix of a track from some Dune game? I assume that was done on purpose for some reason, though.)

There are a bunch more available for briefings, but presumably that's a different pool entirely.

So, anyway: am I misunderstanding something about how music in FRED works, is there something wrong with my installation, or are the missing tracks just not supposed to be usable?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You're looking at "tabled" music tracks, BP mostly uses play-sound-from-file to invoke ogg files directly.

Ah. Thanks, that's really useful. I've been meaning to learn to use that SEXP properly.