Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3030214 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Re: W-H-I-Y-L - Lorric/Retsof get Nuked!
Could be worse
Could be three years
"No"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i cant even get the random spikes out of a gyro output what makes you think i could do something phd thesis worthy as genetically evolving complex motion control algorithms. if i wanted to do that id just knock up some *****.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Lorric

Welp, there's 5 months of my life I'm not getting back. **** genetic algorithms, **** neural nets, and **** anybody who could've helped me but didn't.
Uh, what? Genetic Algorithms? Neural nets? This doesn't sound like your girl problems...

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Welp, there's 5 months of my life I'm not getting back. **** genetic algorithms, **** neural nets, and **** anybody who could've helped me but didn't.

Usually, I prefer my dates buy me dinner first, but I like the versatility of your verbiage, so I'll hold you to that promise, sailor.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
no blowjob, no free ride i always say.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft

Usually, I prefer my dates buy me dinner first, but I like the versatility of your verbiage, so I'll hold you to that promise, sailor.

I like turtles and my wife is a gun
"No"

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter

I like turtles and my wife is a gun

I like trains.
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris#0001 | My GitHub

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
@Lorric: I see you have the profanity filter enabl... wait, Lorric? Huh. Apparently that ban got reversed. Obligatory "wb", then.

No, that most certainly is not my "girl problems."

@Nuke: I'ma tell you what I told Mongoose: I'm not looking for an expert, I'm looking for a second set of eyes and a brain.

@Zacam, deathfun, and Nuke: Derp.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
I have a second set of brains but the jury is still out on the eye matter
I'm am professional of pilot and words
Things and stuff
Halp is not what I don't do with eye matter and set of breyes-ains
"No"

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i can't see my ass going in to work today.  therefore, monday off.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
****! Is it Monday already?
Damn, I thought it was Saturday or something
****, I have to go do that nothing today
Just not enough time anymore to do nothing
"No"

Offline Lorric

wait, Lorric? Huh. Apparently that ban got reversed. Obligatory "wb", then.

Yes. Thank you.

@Nuke: I'ma tell you what I told Mongoose: I'm not looking for an expert, I'm looking for a second set of eyes and a brain.

Well, Mongoose's brain is up for rent, but you'll have to look elsewhere for a set of eyes... :D

Offline Rhys

Spoken like a true hero.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i said that in back in 2008. work, lol.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft

Wait what

Aren't you a nuclear technician or something

Ah.  Anal glaucoma.  I know it well.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I generally like to think I have both, but man that entire GameDev thread just made a loud WHOOOOOOSH as it sailed clear over my head.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I returned a package to a seller on Amazon this morning, but when I got home at the end of the day, I saw that the address I had used (i.e. the one that was on the return label generated by Amazon) was different to that of the sender's address on the original package.

If I have sent it to the wrong address, since I've used registered post (and therefore it has my address on it too, as the sender) it should be returned to me eventually if it isn't delivered successfully, right? Even though it's to an overseas location (Japan)? It's my first time sending a package overseas like this so I'm not sure how it works...

Offline Sololop

Complaining sometimes DOES work.

I am a few hours a way from completing my internship, and they switched me to a coach who's a total dick, who admitted straight up he doesn't want to coach.

So I said screw this, I'm an adult, I'm not putting up with this ****head. I contacted the person who handles internships, told them, and they said that they'll consider it complete and I'm getting my certificate now.

**** that guy.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i just had a bad experience with os.execute() see i was working on a bunch of bugs in my data graphing script that collects data from an imu connected to an arduino, and then graphs it out in an opengl canvas. its one of those linear algebra problems that ive long since figured out that there is no getting my head around it, i just have to try every possible combination of maths till it works. needless to say i got tired of tabbing through my lua files so that i could run the main wlua file (which is needed for gui applications). so in the file i was working on i scrolled down to the bottom and added this code:

Code: [Select]
if not runthings then
runthings = true
os.execute ("imu")
end

i hit that run button hoping that my script file (which contains nothing but my graphing "class") will run, then get to that thing at the bottom and launch the actual app so i can remove two mouse clicks from my work flow. it seems obvious now that this doesnt work. that damn runthings variable gets lost somewhere (right at the end of the file when it launches a new interpreter instance), and i end up getting a runaway loop of my lua script launching new instances of itself. ive *****ed about lua's memory hoggyness before, and it didnt take long for the system to eat every scrap of system memory available. i was scrambling trying to kill them before the machine locked up, i managed to force a reboot. this is a sure sign that ive had enough programming for one day, time for sleep actual (though knowing me im going to reboot my system 50 times trying to pass the runthings variable to the new instance). im actually convinced that most viruses during the 90s where the hacker's failed attempts at programming something useful.

Nuke's Scripting SVN